There is something under my eye and it won't go away ;(

Cherity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm with Ishtara.  Your problem could be the skin itself.  But, judging by the quality of the skin in that head shot I really don't think so.  If you are wearing prim eyes (and I believe you are) then try adjusting them.  Firtst I would try rotating them very slightly in a clockwise direction.  If that fixes it then great.  If not then rotate them back to the original position and try rotating them in a vertical direction downward.  Again if that fixes them, great.  If not then rotate them back to original position and push the eyes back (into the head) very slightly.  If all that fails then I think it's your shape...........and I won't even try to walk you through fixing that.

Hi Cherity,

This defect has popped up before http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/there-is-a-white-mark-under-my-avatars-eye-HELP/m-p/901161/highlight/true#M5629

Clearing cache, relogging and saving the first shape change fixed it for one person in that thread.

This has also been reported as a bug recently in Viewer 2..7.1. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26035 with a repro by Alexa Linden but no sign that LL is working on a fix. One person with a Mac solved it by turning off basic shaders but that's kind of drastic.

What viewer are you using and have you tried another viewer?

Merlin Saxondale wrote:

I have seen a similar effect lots of times, but usually more symmetrical, like little tears under each eye. I am only surprised that others who replied have not mentioned it.

That's why I thought of prim eyes. If it's shape-(eye size-)related, it should appear under both eyes. But who knows, perhaps the new physics layers somehow distort the facial mesh during animations or something.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.