Tattoos

lexifaith1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You might try disabling http textures.  You can uncheck http textures on the Develop menu (ctrl-alt-Q to display the menu).  This often clears things up.  For me, unchecking when I have problems has helped, expecially if I am using an internet connection that has packet loss issues.  You can checik packet loss by selecting "about Second Life" from the help menu, it will return a report that lists packet loss on the last line.

Adding to the first two, both are correct.

The thing with HTTP Textures is that some machines like it, others don't. You will need to find out what your machine likes.

I currently have a low high performance computer that does not like HTTP Textures at all.

Also, adjusting your bandwidth properly is essential. If you are running on a wireless connection, SL may be stable but is it not recommended.

Bandwidth Adjustment

All suggestions good, another one is the sorting out of the layers you use, maybe remove a hairbase and add it again, or another tatoo layer and add again, not the last one, but one that was already loaded, like If I m wearing all my tatoo layers, 5 in firestorm for example, and I start having problems rebaking, then i take the first one, maybe one of the makeup ones and then add again, so for some reason, sorting also fixes this rebake problem

valerie Inshan wrote:

Adding to Rhys' s advice, pressing Crtl+alt+R (several times if necessary) generally fixes it. 

And if this doesn't work, next try going into 'edit outfit' and then click 'edit' for each tattoo layer in turn, without actually making any changes to it.  You might need to do this a few times.  

The problem seems worse if you have more than one tattoo layer on - e.g. hairbase and a tattoo design.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.