Stockings with shoes?

Valentine Tiger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For regular syatem avis with regular system feet? Basically no. You can get various tattoo versions of stockings and wear them with whatever shoe you wear, but unless you are wearing a boot, you will likely run into an issue bcause most of the shoes you get are going to include at least some part of the foot, that part will not be automatically the color of the stocking. You can change the foot color with the HUD to match the atocking color, bu tyou wont match the texture in teh case of say fishnets. You probably can get a pretty good match that wont be obvious, I knwo I did back when I had that type of avatar.

Oh course if you have mesh feet, yes you can get appliers for the stockings and that actually might be easier in the long run. I use my appliers for tattoos that I don't change so I am not sure how easily it is to change appliers on a day to day basis, which you probably would want to do with stockings to get the perfect match for the rest of the outfit.

Actually IMO mesh feet are the easiest option, unless you are satisfied with the way just the regular system feet look in old school shoes. 

The advantages?

• No more cankles, ie: no more lumpy deformed looking ankles and feet with fused toes that look unnatural when barefoot.
  • They come in flat, medium and high styles so you can have your preference as to how high a heel you wear
  • Match skin once for each pair of feet you own, or you can get appliers for most skins that give you a perfect match with one click.
  • Most shoe creators are now making shoes for mesh feet, so you have a much wider selection of shoes than with old school shoes or even shoes that come with feet attached, and at all price points - even free.
  • Most mesh feet allow you to change the nail color from natural looking nails to several different colors and/or polish styles.  You can even buy nail polishes separately or nail polish HUDs with hundreds of choices of colors and styles. Some will even change your finger nails and toe nails so they always match, if you wear mesh hands or nails. Just wear and with a click you change your polish.
  • Can get appliers so you can wear stockings that cover the foot, not just the leg, as well as tattoos for your feet
  • Some designers offer free mesh feet that work with their shoes as well as all SLink compatible shoes.
  • Many mesh bodies are compatible with SLink compatible feet so if you eventually go with a mesh body you don't have to give up the feet you already have.

Valentine Tiger wrote:

Thank you! So- I have to buy mesh feet.... and then the appliers for stockings?

It looks like me earlier post went away because  mentioned a couple of stores before. 

However, if you are using a system body, when shoping for stockings (or clothes in general) look for words like "clasic avatar" or "layers" included in the description.

Here's another helpful tip, you can buy solid mesh socks for your avatar without have to own the mesh feet.  Be sure to try a demo first before buying anything mesh.

[eta]

Doh!  Silly me.  I did not notice this was up twice.  My first rely is in the Fashion forum thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Before going mesh I found shoes like this worked well with system stockings. No messing about skin appliers and stocking appliers and then going somewhere with a different windlight and it all looked wrong again.  The mishapen foot is largely hidden with the alpha layer, just leaving a slightly odd looking ankle, a small price to pay for the simplicity.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoes-Classic-Pumps-multipack-high-heels-12-colours/871305

Edit to add: Just reading the comments it appears the alpha layer is in this set in the same shop:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Classic-Pumps-Monochrome-Sculpted-Heels/1313956

and you can use the alpha layer with the coloured shoes, and both are free (and mod so you can tint to the perfect colour).

If you like them and use them, you should go to the inworld shop and make a donation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.