Something INSIDE my head

Tommy Mulberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is wierd but, ever since I put on a Hard Hat near a mine to check it out, I've had a yellow sliver on the back of my head.  Someone pointed it out the other day.  I've looked all over my inventory to see if I'm still wearing a portion of the hat but no.

I zoomed in really close to see if maybe I can grab it, that didn't help but what I did see is that I zoomed all the way inside the avi's head, and there is a giant yellow blob in the head it'self, and a portion of it hangs out the back of my head.

Does anyone know how to get the avi to re gen from screatch?, or to replace it wholesale?  I have no way of getting to the blob to get rid of it and I cannot figure out what it is.

Until I figure it out, I have to wear hats!.. 

Any help is appreciated.

Tommy Mulberry

I am guessing that the yellow blob inside your avatar head is your original prim hair.  You may have never worn this prim hair, even when you rezzed, but all avatars should have that blob.   Try one of the other avatar outfits in your library (replace all) and see if that shifts it back in side your head.

Tommy Mulberry wrote:

This is wierd but, ever since I put on a Hard Hat near a mine to check it out, I've had a yellow sliver on the back of my head.  Someone pointed it out the other day.  I've looked all over my inventory to see if I'm still wearing a portion of the hat but no.

I zoomed in really close to see if maybe I can grab it, that didn't help but what I did see is that I zoomed all the way inside the avi's head, and there is a giant yellow blob in the head it'self, and a portion of it hangs out the back of my head.

Does anyone know how to get the avi to re gen from screatch?, or to replace it wholesale?  I have no way of getting to the blob to get rid of it and I cannot figure out what it is.

Until I figure it out, I have to wear hats!.. 

Any help is appreciated.

Tommy Mulberry

It's your avatar's brain. Most avatars have very tiny brains, but you've probably figured that out already.

Okay, sorry - I'll be serious. When SL started people used very simple hair that looked like a sort of helmet, but it could be resized using sliders under "Edit My Appearance." This is the thing all avatars wear called "hair." Over time, much better looking hair has been introduced and the old "hair" is only used to control the shape of the eyebrows. So the retro hair doesn't show, the helmet is usually shrunken so it doesn't appear outside the skull. The thing you see inside your avatar's head is that retro hair thing. You can make it disappear from outside your head by going into "Edit My Outfit," go down to "Body Parts," go to "Hair" and make sure that all sliders that regulate anything other than your eyebrows are set for 0 size. The eyebrow sliders are in their own section that's pretty well labled so you don't have to worry about messing them up. Or you could put on another "hair" meant to represent a bald base like others have suggested. "Hairs" have the symbol of a little head in profile with brown hair on it.

You will find this pop up from time to time on any hair that is pre-2009, and a few after.

Before tattoo layers many hair makers also used this to put a base 'color' onto the head in place where their hair design didn't fully cover.

As noted above, just edit yourself and set all the hair dials to zero.

You can also make a new 'system hair' - set it to zero, and always wear it after changing anything on your head.

I keep a folder in my body parts folder called 'always worn' - anytime I need to 'get back to my normal look' I remove everything, and then wear that entire folder. In it is my usualy shape, skin, eyes, a bald hair, and some things for my look: whiskers, fangs, body spots. It helps in those 'what the heck did I just do to myself' moments. ;)

• 2 years later...

This answer helped me a lot. Took me a while to realize it's actually the Whisper Eyebrows I've been wearing that causes the shrunken down default hair to appear inside of my avatar's head. I figured out how to make that disappear though by Editing the Eyebrow texture and making it transparent. The eyebrows remain on the outside of my face, but that default hair inside my head became invisible. lol

• 3 years later...

Its 2018 and I have a mesh head - Genesis Labs. And when I have Omega head on and a tattoo layer hair the BLACK THING from inside my skull pokes out when I dance. I zoom inside my head and  can see it looks like the legacy hair base texture. But How to get at it? Go back down to basic LL avatar? And then try the slider in appearance to shrink it? Any help is vastly appreciated from person who looks like rat is trying to get out of the back of her head when dancing.

36 minutes ago, tralala Loordes said:

Its 2018 and I have a mesh head - Genesis Labs. And when I have Omega head on and a tattoo layer hair the BLACK THING from inside my skull pokes out when I dance. I zoom inside my head and  can see it looks like the legacy hair base texture. But How to get at it? Go back down to basic LL avatar? And then try the slider in appearance to shrink it? Any help is vastly appreciated from person who looks like rat is trying to get out of the back of her head when dancing.

find your "baldie" or "eyebrows" in your worn items, edit it with right click, both shrink it on the style tab, and then apply a transparent texture. Important to shrink it as if it's too big you can cause some weird masking effects with some hairs and ears.

The icon looks like a bent poop, or maybe some overcooked bacon.

5e4fa712809c3d28ebf80eb4c978f585.png.4acfdd7685a0728b37c453e3284e0455.png

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.