Skins for Mesh Heads

Medallion Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You will never "keep your own face" with a mesh head. A mesh head REPLACES the default avatar head and face, and none of those currently available work with most of the appearance sliders. The best you can do is pick one with a facial structure you like, and find a skin you like that has appliers for it. 

What skin are you using? If your skin creator makes appliers for any mesh heads, you can buy the applier, buy the compatible mesh head, and you're done. Again, the face won't look the same because the shape of it will be different, but you'll have the same skin. If your skin creator doesn't make appliers, you'll have to shop for a skin that does have appliers for the mesh head you like. Here is a list of skin designers who make appliers for mesh heads, including which mesh heads they make appliers for. 

No mesh head works with a skin with no appliers, same with any mesh body enhancement, unless they include a HUD to tweak the tone manually. Even then, it's nearly impossible to get a perfect match. 

Thanks for replying. I'm aware of appliers and skin makers, etc.  I guess I should have worded it differently.  I believe Slink provides a kit that you're able to use in order to apply your own skin to the mesh head.  I'm asking if there are any other heads out there that permit this.  I know that I won't be able to 'keep my own face', per say, but I want to apply the skin that I've created myself.

You can apply your own skin, depending on what head. The availability of the designer kit depends on the maker. Not all release that to just anyone. You also have the option of the ones that are Omega compatible. I know Genesis has a designer kit availabe as well. If you aren't comfortable with manipulating the SLUV map, you're better off with an Omega kit since that one uses the SLUV as is.

The facial features, per se, are set by the head though. The sliders only affect the size and shape of the head but none of the other slicers work as there are no "bones" for the mesh to be rigged to.

Thanks, Bobbie - and yes, I've avoided mesh heads just for that reason of being unable to customize them via sliders. I'm hoping to be able to manipulate my skin enough to get it looking a little more like myself, so I will check out Genesis' designer kit, and those that are omega compatible.

Thanks again for the help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.