Skin Applier Doesn't Work

HaggisSnag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just bought a skin applier (I'm new to SL so it took me ages to figure out that you wear skins)...

A hud came up and I clicked the button and nothing happens, whats annoying is I spent money on this and have no idea how to contact the shop owner or do anything whatsoever.

I'm HaggisSnag in game, please help :S

An in the dark guess here. Lots of skin makers use the OMEGA RELAY now. So you need to purchase that ($99) in order for the skin to go on your body. You didn't say what body you had but hopefully it was one that the skin will work for. 

Meanwhile look back on the ordering page (or the info on the poster in the shop) and make sure you got something that will work with YOUR body. They don't all work for every body or every head. 

HaggisSnag wrote:

The applier was called 'Omega skin applier' so I'm guessing I need to buy that $99 to use it?

Why are people allowed to sell things without explanation of what is needed first? Is there a way I can get a refund?

If you own a mesh body it's your responsibility to read the instructions that came with it to see if it was already Omega compatible, if you needed the kit or had to buy skins that were specifically made for your body.  There are too many mesh bodies out there for skin designers to provide a skin for them all, let alone list them all.

If you don't have a mesh body, it is was still was your responsibility to find out what an Omega applier was before you bought it, if you didn't already know.

The TOS makes it clear that your transactions and relations with other residents are your responsibility and everything you buy is on a 'buyer beware' basis.

Although there is no harm in asking for a refund, it's doubtful you'll get one.  Most shops have an "all sales final - no refunds" policy.  However if the skin designer offers skins compatible with the body, mesh or legacy, that you have, they may offer "as a business decision exception" to provide you with a copy of the one you need, but are under no obligation to do so.

Second life is very confusing in the start. It is many different types avatars and not all work together. Can you click on the tshirt icon to the left or to the bottom of your screen, then use the arrows keys until you find "wearing" and type down what kind of avatar you are wearing now? They often have names like Alicia or Barry or Hunter.  Look for a name and also the name - body and/or skin. Like "Abigail -skin", or "Alicia - body", "Blank skin". We can give you wrong advice if we give an answer based upon an avatar or body system that you don't wear.

To add to the confusion even more, sigh, facepalm, shakes fist.... The starter avatars does not work in identical ways. That's why we really must know what you wear.

Edit: And can you link to what you bought, we can try to help you contact the skin maker. Maybe he/she can give you a deal on the correct skin, even if they state that all sales are final... asking nice is still an option.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.