Silhouette avatars?

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate to ask because this sounds like such a noob question and I'm not...well, maybe a re-noob, but anyway...Why do some avatars show up properly and some all I see is a blank colored silhouette? They never rez, it happens even when there are no other avatars around, and nothing I do in preferences seems to make it any better.  Wah. 

These are real avatars mind you, not bots or some other non-avatar wierdnesses. Yes, I have mesh enabled. One dude switched from his head-in-a-jar to a regular guy and I could see him just fine. I wanted to check out his head-in-a-jar because I have the same one. I got to see it for a second while he was rezzing. It's a bummer.

interesting to see Linden Lab posted this yesterday about jellydolls:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Why-are-all-these-people-made-of-colored-jelly/ba-p/3031255

I've been going through my saved outfits to bring the complexity number down below 80,000 and in many cases can get to 30,000-35,000.

The worst offenders seem to be older jewellery items. I was absolutely shocked to discover that a pair of earrings and a necklace contributed a massive 73,000 between them. They will never be worn again. I've spent a lot on my avatar and I don't want to be a jellydoll to everyone.

For those with mesh bodies, refer to the MBA article here. Some results may shock you but thankfully my Lara body has the lowest count of all.

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/whatsyouraci/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.