Second Life needs a new tool, like the Tera Forming tool but for mesh Clothes.

HeatherD Tungsten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The situation is crazy, with designers spending too much time and effort to make custom versions of every design for each brand of mesh avatar.  This make shopping next to impossible ( I personally can hardly find things that fit me).   In adition, all this duplication must take up a ton of server space costing SL profit.  I want to be able to adjust the shape of mesh clothes.  We need a new tool in SL!

A new tool designed into the veiwer would make life a lot easier and infact, allow more shopping since we would be able to adjust almost any mesh.

The tool would be based on the same principle as the current Tera Forming tool used to change the topography of land.  There would be a "Scaling" "Push" or "Pull" brushs.  There would also need to be a reset button so people could start over if needed.  Such changes would be saved as a morph file, and would also be able to be dropped into a new Morph tab in the item's profile or in the edit window.  Deleting the morph file or script would also reset the clothes. 

The critical thing is that while a designer may set something to "No Modity", effecting textures, and mesh component or vertex counts, it would however be able to be morphed.

Such morphs would be able to be sold for use by people wearing similar mesh types and or body shapes, to be applied to specific clothes.

I see such a change in SL as badly needed.  It would make life a lot easyer, streamling a lot of product.

So Linden, what are the chances of a tool like this in the near future?

HeatherD

When the first mesh deformer model was offered, I found that worked very well but then LL discontinued that, mostly we suspect due to politics around who created it.

What was suggested as an alternate to the present horrid furthest method was to have a shape that you could wear that would be a shape linked to your clothing instead of the avatar. This way, you'd have been able to adjust that shape using the existing sliders but would have influenced the clothing item instead of the avatar shape.

Probably would have been very simple to implement and would have achieved pretty much what you're asking for. Doing it with a brush type technique though would be hugely subject to editing ability and knowing what's involved in doing what you suggest but actual in the original tools such as blender, I believe that it would prove more frustrating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.