Returning to standard body

KeiShadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i purchased a mesh body to make a mermaid avi but not all of my clothes work on the mesh so would like to switch betweent the mesh and standard SL avatar :( however when i remove the mesh i have no body O.o if i add one of the body's from the avatar i chose when i started the body appears but other then that i have no body without wearing the mesh/a mesh :( Help?

You can make separate folders for different bodies. In folders for mesh bodies, keep the alpha mask & HUD for that body. In folders for standard bodies, keep your favorite skin, brow & eyes for that body. Right click on the folder & select Replace Outfit to change your body, then Add any clothes & hair you want to wear.

Remember you can only wear mesh & applier layer clothing on mesh bodies. You can wear mesh and default layer clothing on standard bodes. I sort my clothes into Mesh & Standard folders, so I know which outfits will work with which body.

Also remember that whenever you have problems with your avatar not looking right, look in your inventory under Worn, to see exactly what you are wearing. More often than not, not wearing a required alpha layer or wearing one you don't need to be wearing is the problem. Sometimes you might also be wearing more pieces of clothing or hair than you need to be wearing. It's easy to remove pieces by right clicking on them from your inventory list & Remove or Detach them.

The best way I have found is by saving outfits.  Usually  I copy the body, shape clothes and all things for it  for use with that outfit as individual copies and individualise the bits I need to and save it as a finished outfit. If you do it that way you can switch from mesh to normal the fastest way.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.