Replace all my mesh clothing?

BLUExANGEL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I just bought a Slink Phisique mesh body. after figuring out how to wear it with the hands, feet, and skin, I tried to wear my clothing. Over the last 3 years I accumulated a large wardrobe of mesh clothing which does not seem to work on my new mesh body. Do I have to find and purchase new mesh clothing made just for the Slink body? Is there a mesh avatar available that will wear standard mesh items?

Are you wearing the shape that came with the body or your original one?  

I have that body and wear my own pre mesh body shape with it and have been able to wear most of the mesh clothes that I already had.  A few I had to tweek my shape a bit to fit right, but I just saved that shape in the folder with the clothes and wear it easy enough when I wear those particular mesh clothes.

I have Maitreya, not Slink but using my same shape as for my legacy avatar I found that some clothes would work and others would not. I can't see the image you tired to include (you need to use the camera icon in the toolbar to add photos here and I just get a placeholder page with that link) so I don't know what the issue is. If it is an ALPHA issue then you can turn part of your mesh body invisible to more or less duplicate the alpha layer that came with the garment.

This doesn't always work of course as depending on your body the alpha areas may not match up with what you need for a particular garment. I found that to be the biggest problem with older mesh clothes and my new body (almost two years old now).  CURRENTLY there are a lot of wonderful clothes that fit the various bodies well (I have only tested Maitreya but I am going to guess if they fit Maitreya wonderfully, they would be the same for Slink. That being said there are also mesh clothes "saying" they are made for the various bodies that SO do not work. As always DEMOs are needed.

I went through my entire wardrobe and kept the things that both fit well and looked good which was maybe 25%? It was awhile ago. As long as you have a few great outfits you can purchase things now and then and keep updating your wardrobe.  But not everything will transfer over and of course texture clothes won't work any longer.

I haven't bought a mesh body, still at the demo stage. And like you I can't find any clothing that I already have to fit the bodies I am testing. And I too have a large wardrobe that I can't afford to replace.

I like the cleaner look of the mesh bodies, but I never go places that are clothing optional, so no one but me will see it any how, so it doesn't matter. I will keep looking at the demos but most likely stay with my classic body until the bitter end.

And as a side note, most places I go there are 10 to 50 people there and I honestly can't tell the mesh bodies from the classic avatar, I've tried and just can't. Could be my computer or my settings, don't know, so I'm not in any rush to get a mesh body.

The mesh bodies come with a alha HUD that is easy to use so we can wear our old mesh clothing with the mesh bodies. If a person is wearing a really good skin, I can't tell the difference either. Otherwise I think there is quite a difference in the quality in how the bodies look. I can always tell when someone is wearing a mesh head. Almost all of them have a blank stare kind of look to them. I've seen one or two that were really beautiful. To me the rest look strange.

Thank you for your reply. I value and appreciate your advice.

BLUExANGEL wrote:

The mesh bodies come with a alha HUD that is easy to use so we can wear our old mesh clothing with the mesh bodies. If a person is wearing a really good skin, I can't tell the difference either. Otherwise I think there is quite a difference in the quality in how the bodies look. I can always tell when someone is wearing a mesh head. Almost all of them have a blank stare kind of look to them. I've seen one or two that were really beautiful. To me the rest look strange.

Thank you for your reply. I value and appreciate your advice.

Alphas are a necessity and yes I know about them, and yes the alpha HUD's are easy to use, very easy as a matter of fact. But for me that is not the problem, just can't get clothing to fit, alphas or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.