Recommendations for best skin?

Anetta Larsson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am looking to update my skin and I wondered what people thought they could recommend - I know a few 'good' skin shops, but I am always eager to learn about more, who knows, maybe there is a gem hidden away somewhere that just needs a little more exposure!

So people, what skins can you recommend as being the 'best'? In terms of the best, I am interested in the most beautiful/sexy face, and beautiful sexy body. Of course, I am only looking for female skins (slap me for not mentioning this in my original post!) Any Ideas?

Here is a list I have compiled from the past posts. I have not shopped at most of these and I'm not sure if they are all still around but they have all been recommended.

Abyss
Akeruka
Al Vulo
Amacci
Aura
Baiastice
Banilacoco
Belleza
BND Bird Next Door
BodyCo
Bubbelz
Chain and Vine
Chaisuki
Cupcakes
Curio
Dr Life
Dream Ink
Dutch Touch
Eye Candi
Fashionably Dead
Fierce Body Boutique
Filthy
Fluffygirl
Glam
Heartsick
Illusory
Iren
JesiLilo
Laqroki
Lara Hurley
LaVie
League
LionSkins
LS Lyrical Store
Mango Mango
May Shop
Minerva
Moby
Modish
Mojo
Mothergoose
My Dear Skin
My Ugly Dorothy
Mynerva
Natural Beauty
Nevermore
Noya
Nylon Outfitters
Pinkfuel
Plausible Body
Ploom
Pulse
PXL
Razzanova
Redgrave
Rockberry
Sakurako
Sawode
Sawone
Shiva
Synnerskins
T&T Design
The Body Co
Tokyo.Girl
Tres Blah
Tuli
Tuty's Mr. S
Unique
Vassnia
Vive9
Wigglesworth
Ylang Ylang
YS & YS Your Skins & Your Shape

But all those shops were actually recommended by residents in the previous similar threads I guess and it's not a complete list. lol

Since you said you wanted to find hidden gems, you may want to eliminate famous shops from the list and check the rest one by one. :)

you may want to double check the hush one on there..

i can't really say why here..but you can see over at slu..

it's a thread at about 35 pages now..if you haven't seen it yet..

how the thread starts off is not how it turns out actually..

it's hard to say much here really without breaking the TOS

but it's a pretty crazy thing..

i would link the thread .but not sure if it's allowed..

i'll just say part of the title hehehe

copyright (something) skins

head on down to these three places

Collabor88

The Dressing Room

The Dressing Room Blue.

check out the glam affair, atomic & illusory skins there.  I wear them a LOT.  they are so pretty.  they are usually 1k per skin but at these events under 100L for special makeup on the same sets.  can't beat the price!

Atomic Skin

This is atomic

This is glam affair

glamaffair_013.jpg

You might also want to head out to Al Vulo, as they give away a free skin a month and joining the group is free.

this months free gift

al vulo

• 2 weeks later...

Anahata's recommendations certainly look great!

Al Vulo would also get a recommendation from me - I'm still pretty new, and they're an excellent place to start off with if you're stilll finding your niche in second life. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love Curio, though I'm not sure if the problems with someone copying her skins and then accusing her of being the infringer have been resolved as yet. She has lovely skins with amazing attention to detail and when you buy a particular makeup set ypou get ALL the makeups in every color with or w/o freckles.  Thats like 96 skins for 3k..best steal on the grid as far as skins are concerned.

• 2 months later...

I do not speak English, and I write my preferences via translator. There are stores known for their good skin (Beauty, Redgrave, Glam, Press and others).

But searching and searching I found very good jobs in lesser known designers:

Mother Goose's: Japanese, their skin tend to be light-skinned, but this can be fixed easily with makeup. It is also remarkable for its lucky letter being good skin jobs.

Skinnery: this is one of my favorites today. They have natural texture, not as artificial as the satin smooth. Freckles. Although their prices are high.

Well, I will explain the two are better known, Al Vulo, I love your style thick eyebrows, nose job and ways to mouth. And Jesylilo presenting an alternative style very well designed.

I emphasize here that three of the designers mentioned here, have a spirit of community. Al Vulo, Jesylilo and Mother, placed every month gifts, of very good quality. It is the same with most stores "prestige" and have continued to repeat the same style, same mouth, same eyes and makeup.

:cattongue:

• 10 months later...

Hello

Nikita

You're the BOMB!

So far your recommandation Nikita Jefferson is the best, these seem to be the most natural looking shapes and skins.

I've gotton SO tired of seeing the shapes and skins with the BLOATED DEFORMED BOTOX LIPS, that its very refreshing to see a truly natural avatar skin / shape.

I have been researching skins for my wife as she would like to improve her avatar. I will definately point her too S&N ADORABLE SKINS. Thank you so much for your informative recommendation. Blacky Braham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.