Really Bad Glitch!

ShadowBerrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I started playing this game and thought I'd get my GF into it. She followed the simple steps of simply clicking "remove current outfit" so we could replace it with a new shape/clothes etc. We got this. 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t34.0-12/11745938_1495532410738800_3662264775236947318_n.jpg?oh=faa26cbc9350b4b7771990b4d580485e&oe=55AE52C0&__gda__=1437564190_a3cdaa41d9dd7a3fc4ce2aae1e3dbeeb

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t34.0-12/p206x206/11742770_490632301087169_656430497944773022_n.jpg?oh=1cc5d33621938811e35e5c92b8aea209&oe=55AF08CD&__gda__=1437489103_e6c53a924f4086a36c1473000a59d6e0

What's going on? She can't "add" or "Wear" hair (she goes with a mohawk) because that hairbase stays. Can't change shape or face because that face stays. She can't remove the underwear and add her own because it stays. 

She signed up, 20 years old, 21 in August, and we brought several items that were a couple hundred $L it would be real nice if we can fix this glitch so she can use this account. 

Yes, she's tried clicking "Add" "Wear" on the new shape, no changes. 
Same with hair, except the hair goes over the top of that cut. 
She's tried readding the default outfit and removing/detaching one by one, same result. 
She deleted the folder in the second screenshot, nothing happened. 
She tried removing the remaining objects in the current outfit folder and nothing happened. 
Yes, she has her general settings on General, Moderate and Adult. 

Please help! We'd really not want to create a new account for her.

Doesn't sound like a bug, sounds like intended behaviour. Second Life new accounts use a "mesh avatar" when they first start which doesn't use the hair, shape or eye layers - they look like objects or attachments.

The best and most conclusive way to return the avatar to 'normal' is to run a Character Test. You can do this by enabling the Developer menu (ctrl+alt+d) and selecting Character > Character Tests > Test Female/Male. These options may differ since i can't find any links that describe this process.

Another way to remove the mesh avatar would be to search for 'Worn' in inventory, and detach as much as is possible. It won't be possible to unwear the system shape, hair and eyes - but these can be replaced instead, if required.

Hair that looks like a mohawk is probably an attachment, and has little to do with the hairbase.

Doesn't look like a mesh av to me, but I'm going in-world now to check.

I think that avatar is wearing a skin with the hair and underwear 'painted on'. Nothing will change until you replace the skin.

There are a small set of body parts your avatar must be wearing: hair, eyes, skin and shape. In this case, these are the four 'Pulse' items in your second image. You can't remove these, only replace them or hide them. 

Find another skin (from your inventory, but preferably get a freebie or buy a demo from somewhere) and wear it. The avatar appearence should change. If not, you might truly have some kind of glitch that'll need fixing.

I've no idea why changing shape doesn't make a difference, other than the possibility you don't understand what a shape actually does. Changing a shape will alter an avatar's height, limb length, proportions etc. It won't change the 'painted on' details like lip colour and muscle shading. I'll send you a totally different shape in-world for you to test with. Again, it's possible there's some other issue I'm not yet aware of.

ShadowBerrie wrote:

Ok so I started playing this game and thought I'd get my GF into it. She followed the simple steps of simply clicking "remove current outfit" so we could replace it with a new shape/clothes etc. We got this. 

What's going on? She can't "add" or "Wear" hair (she goes with a mohawk) because that hairbase stays. Can't change shape or face because that face stays. She can't remove the underwear and add her own because it stays. 

She signed up, 20 years old, 21 in August, and we brought several items that were a couple hundred $L it would be real nice if we can fix this glitch so she can use this account. 

Yes, she's tried clicking "Add" "Wear" on the new shape, no changes. 

Same with hair, except the hair goes over the top of that cut. 

She's tried readding the default outfit and removing/detaching one by one, same result. 

She deleted the folder in the second screenshot, nothing happened. 

She tried removing the remaining objects in the current outfit folder and nothing happened. 

Yes, she has her general settings on General, Moderate and Adult. 

Please help! We'd really not want to create a new account for her.

It looks like you've coached her to make her viewer look and act as much like Phoenix as possible and are telling her to do most outfit work from inventory instead of using the Appearance panel. This isn't the workflow the Lab expects for a new avatar. It looks like the "Current Outfit" folder is throwing some sort of hissy fit. Don't try to manipulate it directly. Have her open the "Appearance" floater and have it open while she's making changes.

This problem would have nothing to do with a mesh avatar because the initial outfit this account used wasn't one of the mesh avatars.

This is the starter avatar

1)You can't Remove Hair Base

2)You can't Remove Clothes Called (Undies or whatever is called)

->Excuse me, i'm not english speaker

what you need to do?

Bought a new skin and probally a new shape

don't spent 1000L$ in a shape, you loose your money for nothing, you have lot of free, great shapes inworld

You can't Remove This In Inventory, why? because the avatar, need a ->BASE, you just need find other stuff and replace it , REPLACE IS NEED, Don't try to remove it.

heren, you can enjoy, some, lucky board with free great stuff

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Turpentine/233/144/22

you need eyes/shape/skin and probally hair-base, you can create your own hair-base

if it's not working make sure

you using fast internet

not WIFI, and try delete the setting files at computer named Cache at

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \

movie

It's not a glitch. 

That is a starter skin. It has hair and underwear painted onto it, and they cannot be removed. She needs to REPLACE the starter skin with a new skin, which means she needs to buy a new skin. (It can be a free or cheap skin, but be aware, you get what you pay for. That said, check out the Fab Free blog for some free or super cheap skins, clothes, hair, etc. Not everything there is free/cheap, but the items that are will be labelled as such. For a quicker solution, have her go to Pink Fuel and look for their free skin. I think it's called Renee, and if I recall correctly, it's still available and free to users under 30 days old.)

Creating a new account will have the same result, so it's useless. You'll end up with the same problem - a default skin with hair and undies painted on. Find her a new skin.  

Yep. I believe that's the starter skin for one of the classic avatar vampires. Hit https://fabfree.wordpress.com/fabfree-30-days-list/ for some stuff. WoW skins also has a free on in the store. Go in and just to the left there is a couch/chair/table set. On the table is a free skin. Don't forget The Free Dove either. Lots of good stuff there. If you hurry, you can hit the Hair Fair and get some of the gifts they have available.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.