Putting on New Clothing

Serenity1987

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have yet to figure out how to put on clothing that doesn't have an applier to it. I recently bought some new clothes, and I have no idea how to put it on. I try to "wear" or "add" the pieces but it doesn't seem to work, and I have no idea how to get it to show :/ If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

most likely you try to wear "old" system layered clothes and you'r wearing a mesh avatar, that will not work together.

The layered clothes will be put on at the hidden system avatar, and so not show at the surface.

To use those clothes you need to go to a classic avatar and take of all mesh bodyparts.

Serenity1987 wrote:

I have no idea what you mean by mesh body guards, but assuming I do this, is there no way to get it to with my maitreya body?

Oh, so you are using the maitreya mesh body? (This is an important information to help you!) A mesh body is technically just an attached obejct that covers the original body of your avatar. Clothes that are made out of flat texture layer only respond to that orginal avatar, so when you wear it, it won't show on the mesh body.

With the maitreya body you can wear:

- Mesh clothes (try demos first, use your hud to make certain parts of the maitreya invisible, if needed)

- Texture based clothes, IF they come with the necessary applier

You can go to the marketplace and get an omega system for your maitreya body. After following the instructions on how to activate it in your mesh body, you can search for "omega" as a keyword when looking for clothes. 

If the outfit you are trying to wear just has system layers (the icon beside the object name will be a little shirt or pair of pants or something) see if it's modifiable. Some are. If it is you can make your own omega appliers for them. The omega system comes with empty omega huds, to which you can basically just drag the texures to create what you need. 

Now that seems to be what I've bought... I'll have to look into making omega appliers for them, thanks.

I added a question above, concerning how no one in SL can see any bottoms that I have applied even though they appear on my end, if anyone can still help with that :/

Is it system layers that are glitching like that or clothes on your maitreya body?

If it is system layers then yes, either relogging or tping out and back, or an avatar rebake - under my avatar, health - are about the only options.

If it is layers on your mesh body hud, you probably have on 2 applier layers that aren't working well together. A lot of time if you have on an underwear layer, and then a clothing layer, the underwear layer disappears either on your end, or other people's. Toggling off and then back on sometimes helps, although that's no promise that other people will see it now. I just avoided wearing things that had issues together when possible. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.