Please tell me why my body is like this ?

Clara Firehawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all IM having problems with av cannot get rid of horiible denty neck with breast out of line and arms like dolls that need b clicked in i also have ugly back i have bought numerous shapes and skins and cant seem to fix any suggestions plz much appreciated 

front picbumpy back

I would suggest buying a shape, and trying a new skin. You can find very reasonably priced avatars, to very expensive ones, depending on how much you'd like to spend. Riccelli sells avatars that include shape, skin, and a few clothing items for just a couple hundred linden.

Clara Firehawk wrote:

Hello all IM having problems with av cannot get rid of horiible denty neck with breast out of line and arms like dolls that need b clicked in i also have ugly back i have bought numerous shapes and skins and cant seem to fix any suggestions plz much appreciated 

front picbumpy back

If you are trying to be full figured / big breasted a lot of the distortion you are seeing looks to be skin textures being stretched too far.  The denty neck is part of your avatar and is being exacerbated by your shape.

If you peruse pictures here you will see how this is a normal part of your Avatar.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/The-VaNiTy-ThReAd/td-p/712119/page/92

I have seen some nice looking full figured avatars so I know it can be done.  But most of the ones I've seen have always had some odd distortions. 

Your viewer has your AV stuck on a lower LOD (level of detail), It's a rendering bug, and it happens to me as well. The fix is to focus the camera on your AV (alt + Leftclick on your AV), then use your mouse wheel to zoom the camera out real fast and then immediately right back in again close. It's a quick 1-2 punch that forces the "Dynamic LOD" function to re-evaluate what level of detail should be showing. Make sure the camera travels far enough away on the zoom out, and it might take a couple tries to get it.. though not always.

Dana Hickman wrote:

Your viewer has your AV stuck on a lower LOD (level of detail), It's a rendering bug, and it happens to me as well. The fix is to focus the camera on your AV (alt + Leftclick on your AV), then use your mouse wheel to zoom the camera out real fast and then immediately right back in again close. It's a quick 1-2 punch that forces the "Dynamic LOD" function to re-evaluate what level of detail should be showing. Make sure the camera travels far enough away on the zoom out, and it might take a couple tries to get it.. though not always.

Interesting.  I'll need to remember this.

So a rebake or clearing cache wouldn't clean this up?  Or would be those be the next steps to try?

Perrie Juran wrote:

So a rebake or clearing cache wouldn't clean this up?  Or would be those be the next steps to try?

The issue isn't in a downloaded asset or setting, so I doubt that a rebake would help. Likewise, clearing cache in and of itself might not do anything, but the relog that goes with it would certainly force the correct LOD to be displayed... that is until the viewer gets confused again.

Sextoy Gynoid wrote:

Can't you just disable dynamic LOD or something?

Technically yes you could, but doing that also turns off ALL other LOD switching as well (land, trees, objects, Avs, Imposters, etc..), which could bring many peoples systems to its knees. This problem is closely related to that old bug where worn attachments that had small prims weren't showing up or were disappearing. The conditions that triggered that rendering issue (also a problem with the dynamic LOD and lower LODs sticking) are the same that trigger this one... when your camera stays out beyond the LOD switching distance for *some* period of time, or you're constantly zooming back and forth over that switching distance.. some times the lower LOD sticks. That is why zipping your camera out past that switching distance and back again quickly works to give it a boot in the rear, although like I said sometimes it takes several tries. I've also noticed that wearing a LL physics layer tends to exacerbate the problem somewhat. Annoying.. yeah, but not nearly as much as having to relog to see your AV correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.