Pants showing under shirt

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, everyone. 

I am using Maitreya. I'm wondering if someone can help me understand why my pants clip into my shirt. I've tried hiding layers, but no matter what I do, whenever I wear longer shirts, the pants clip like this. 

Update: I found the solution: Buy applier jeans. Thank you, Pixieplumb

From what I see both, pants and shirt, are mesh clothes. They may fit to your body, but they are unable to react to each other. The pants are were they are and the shirt does not have the ability to reform itself to fit over your pants.

Sometimes there are certain pant/shirt combinations that will fit. But thats either luck, or the are from the same outfit of the same designer, who took care they would not interfere with each other.

But in your case that specific combination can not be made to fit.

(a bit off topic: What hair is that? I really like the style).

That makes so much more sense. I'm embaressed to say I only own one pair of pants... I'm really picky and hate clothes shopping (irl too). In SL it's especially difficult because I feel like I have a very conservative taste in fashion. 

The hair is by Truth, called Freya. I have the "colors" palette. It comes with a hud that lets you have some degree of whether your roots show. Like in this one, my darker pink roots show. I actually like that there are fly aways in the braid. It's a nice touch 

Oh and it's a very low complexity rating, which is why I also like this brand.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/13/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GM&search%5Bkeywords%5D=freya

it's not only a female problem but also males find shirts and pants poking through eachother.

If possible, what i sometimes do is wear a jeans that is one size smaller.

It doesn't really solve the problem but will show a bit less out of the shirt.

This doesnt work with all outfits because you can end up with some very thin legs :)

Ah, thank you. I should probably try to stick with matching colors when this occurs too. I found a cute white sweater that clipped with dark jeans so I didn't buy it. Now I think I'll just get a darker color of the sweater. 

Where do I find such jeans?

I think that would be a perfect solution to my problems. I like to dress conservatively, but I see so many short dresses that I always wonder if I could wear with tights or jeans under them. 

Is it also possible to wear applier undershirts under low cut shirts?

Nalytha wrote:

Where do I find such jeans?

I think that would be a perfect solution to my problems. I like to dress conservatively, but I see so many short dresses that I always wonder if I could wear with tights or jeans under them. 

Is it also possible to wear applier undershirts under low cut shirts?

Yes.  You can find some at Nylon Outfitters. There are some for sale at this month's Collabor88 event which runs until June 6.

Make sure you have the Omega system for your body as that will allow you a whole realm of possibilities. Here http://slpoweredbyomega.com/shopping-guide/clothing-designer-list/ is a list of clothing designers, including me at Quoth the Ravenn.

Glad to see you're open to using appliers. A lot of players are mesh clothing and only mesh clothing. 

Good luck.

Pixieplumb Flanagan wrote:

If you are using the Lara body you could wear applier jeans under your sweater
:)

Thank you so much. I found some for L$1 on the marketplace. This let me buy the sweater I fell in love with. 

Yes, I am so pleased with the result. I still haven't found any applier undershirts but I am looking. I will be happy when I can buy some of the more risque shirts and use the undershirt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.