Original Skin

Emmyllia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :) I've literally made my account today and I could do with some help :( the skin i edited when my character spawned has permanent underwear on it for some reason and i dont know how to get it off cus some outfits i've found are ruined by it :( i really like the face of the skin i edited so i really dont want to have to find a new skin (though if anyone knows where any nice free ones are, please let me know!)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Second Life Emmylia! :smileyhappy: There is no other way to get rid of the underwear (it is painted on the skin, also known as a "modesty" skin) other than wearing another skin. You can find plenty of nice free ones (or almost free) browsing the marketplace. However, use the marketplace as a sort of shopping list, do go at the stores inworld to try demos to find what suits you best. Plus, it's a funnier way to purchase, even freebies, and a nice way to learn the ropes of shopping in SL. Have fun! :smileyhappy:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GM&search[keywords]=female+skins

When you first select an avatar, you are given a generic one with no actual skin. I mean, it has skin, but its got that ever present white underwear type thing. You can get a skin easily, some places have freebies, some rather inexpensive ones, some really costly. I've gotten some nice ones at TuTys (search for it, they have a store and sell skins starting about 300 L. I think they have some freebies available as well.

There are other options available. If you go to Youtube they have some nice tutorials for new people. There are many here as well, in the knowledge base. A skin is pretty important, you can change shapes as well--so many options available for you to fine tune your avatar.

Hi and welcome. Have fun.

If you check this website every so often, you will find lots of free loot. You can grab it all up like a pirate. Just don't black out your teeth, or wear a parrot, well, unless you want to.

Just click the links next to something you want. You will have to read if it is a group gift or other 'freebie' and find out what to do once you get there.

Cos...FREE STUFF IS WORTH THE BOTHER.

It will get you started at least. Then you can stick around long enough that you will eventually hear the siren song of the Linden Exchange calling to your wallet...

Have fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.