New to second life and could use tips for avatar

thesilkierprovoker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I'm a brand new user to second life and as you can imagine it is all very confusing and a bit overwhelming to come to understand it all. I've done a little looking around and I've found that I like the kemono body style and I want to use that and be a femboy in the world, but I'm not sure how to go about starting that or if there is anything I should know. You get the body and then what? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
-silky

The Kemono body is a furry avatar, right? That might complicate things a bit, it is harder to find outfits and hair for that kind of style.On the bright side..., I am told it is very close to a human avatar when it comes to proportions. 

What should you be aware off?

- Always try a demo of an outfit you wish to buy as not all outfits will fit your body

- See if there is an in-world group for that specific avatar/body, join it

- When you get an idea of what clothes would fit, start watching the fashion blogs

- Again, when you know what would fit, watch the freebie blogs, there is tons of cute stuff on those, once you know what you     are looking for

Other then that, if you are going for femboy, you might want to look for some groups to join that share your second life style. They can tell you what sims/clubs/stores to visit to ad to your SL experiences. Have fun!

VanillaSunsets wrote:

The K
emono body is a furry avatar, right? That might complicate things a bit, it is harder to find outfits and hair for that kind of style.On the bright side..., I am told it is very close to a human avatar when it comes to proportions. 

- Always try a demo of an outfit you wish to buy as not all outfits will fit your body

- When you get an idea of what clothes would fit, start watching the fashion blogs

- Again, when you know what would fit, watch the freebie blogs, there is tons of cute stuff on those, once you know what you     are looking for

Other then that, if you are going for femboy, you might want to look for some groups to join that share your second life style. They can tell you what sims/clubs/stores to visit to ad to your SL experiences. Have fun!

The Kemono has not much to do with furries (and the proportions of furry avatars aren't different from any human avatar in SL, just saying. Everythin else is an attachment). Its just a mesh body that has a lot of furry mods as purchaseable options. And it comes with all up- and downsides of mesh bodies in general.

Syo Emerald wrote:

VanillaSunsets wrote:

The K
emono body is a furry avatar, right? That might complicate things a bit, it is harder to find outfits and hair for that kind of style.On the bright side..., I am told it is very close to a human avatar when it comes to proportions. 

The Kemono has not much to do with furries (and the proportions of furry avatars aren't different from any human avatar in SL, just saying. Everything else is an attachment). Its just a mesh body that has a lot of furry mods as purchaseable options. And it comes with all up- and downsides of mesh bodies in general.

A lot of furries bodies do differ from human avatars, in fact, the Kemono was made to make it differ less and to be able to wear clothing other then the clothing made by the body creator.More choices. And yes, with attachments like the animal legs, coz else what would be the point of buying that avatar? I assume if you want to have that style you wanna look like that style. It does make a difference when it comes to clothing.

My point was that it is not a "standard size" avatar, yet close to it, and some clothing will just not fit right even when using the alpha layers that come with the body. Hell, even with the big brand bodies you sometimes have to pass on an outfit even tho is is advertised as made for your body! I own a few so I speak from experience. As a last note, when a body is sold as a  furry body, I would assume it has something to do with furries? So...hmmm, what was your point anyway and how is this helping the OP?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.