New to modding: Previewing textures?

mothbone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm retexturing a kemono hoodie (this one) and I was wondering if there was a way to preview the texture on the hoodie instead of paying to reupload it n case it looks wrong. 

edit. I forgot to mention I'm using the fire storm viewer 

Does anyone know if theres a way to do this, or do I just have to deal with wasting a ton of L ;n;

Yep - easy.

When you go to the texture selection (by clicking the texture thumbnail in the edit window), there's a 'local' option. Check that, then you click the 'add' button and you can upload files from your HD to use in world.

They are temporary, no one else can see them and they are lost when you relog. But it's free.

Be careful not to click the 'upload' button from there accidentally. That uploads the texture normally and charges you for it although there is a 'are you sure' check first.

I spent a fair bit of linden $ before I found this myself :D

Another option is to go to the beta grid, where you can upload anything fully and freely but it can only be used there. You cannot transfer it to the main grid. On the beta grid you are given free L$ in your beta grid account to pay for the uploads. You need to take a simple test to enable your account to log in there. There are plenty of posts about the place here if you search.

The beta grid is great because you don't need to keep re-uploading your test work every time you relog. You might see me there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.