New to Mesh Bodies - Appliers for self-made tattoos?

Tasman Perth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm super-new to mesh body parts.. I finally broke down and bought a Maitraya Lara body and a LeLutka Stella head.. My question is this: Back in my "classic-body" days I went crazy and made a bunch of tattoos, which of course, worked just fine on my old "classic" body.. I also gave away quite a few of them to friends, who now are asking me if I can make them usable on *their* fancy new mesh body.. Referring to the fact I'm super-new to mesh bods, Is there *something* I can buy that will allow me to make an "applier" for these tattoos? Since I'm the creator of the tattoo, I suspect there wouldn't be any rights issue involved.. I also suspect there would be different tools for different body/heads? For now, all I'm interested in, is getting them to work on my (and a couple of friends) Maitraya bodies, perhaps later on others, if I find I'd want to get into selling them...

Also? I have a LOT of favorite "system" clothes from my long time on SL.. Is there ANY way to hand-make an applier for these as I'd dearly love to have some of them for my new mesh bod....

Thanks for the help!

Cyd

Tasman Perth wrote:

I'm super-new to mesh body parts.. I finally broke down and bought a Maitraya Lara body and a LeLutka Stella head.. My question is this: Back in my "classic-body" days I went crazy and made a bunch of tattoos, which of course, worked just fine on my old "classic" body.. I also gave away quite a few of them to friends, who now are asking me if I can make them usable on *their* fancy new mesh body.. Referring to the fact I'm super-new to mesh bods, Is there *something* I can buy that will allow me to make an "applier" for these tattoos? Since I'm the creator of the tattoo, I suspect there wouldn't be any rights issue involved.. I also suspect there would be different tools for different body/heads? For now, all I'm interested in, is getting them to work on my (and a couple of friends) Maitraya bodies, perhaps later on others, if I find I'd want to get into selling them...

Also? I have a LOT of favorite "system" clothes from my long time on SL.. Is there ANY way to hand-make an applier for these as I'd dearly love to have some of them for my new mesh bod....

Thanks for the help!

Cyd

For the things you have the original textures of, you can get a kit to make Omega appliers. Then they will be usable for many bodies, either directly or (in the case of Maitreya) by buying a "relay" item that will sent the Omega applier texture to that body. Here's the Omega system website:

http://slpoweredbyomega.com/

Theresa's answer for your first question is pretty complete. If you wanted to make appliers for specific mesh bodies, you'd have to pick up the developer's kits for those bodies. In many cases, Maitreya being one of them, you have put in an application for a kit. It's easier in many cases to make Omega appliers, since they'll work with Maitreya bodies and many others. 

As for your second question: If you are not the original creator of the textures, you cannot duplicate them on appliers. If the creator has since made appliers, you can see if they have a redelivery system to get an updated version with appliers, or if you can buy the appliers from them. If they have not, you can contact them and ask politely if they can or will make appliers for the items that interest you, but you cannot make your own without violating copyright. (Yes, even if you originally paid for the item; it's still protected, and you still aren't allowed to make appliers using textures that aren't yours even for personal use.)

Thanks for the info.. Will check out the Omega site.. In the case of the old loved clothes, in several cases I'm pretty sure the creator is not even in SL anymore, considering I bought the outfit in 2006. Oh well, theres always the fallback to the tried-true classic body when I want to wear the old stuff...

Thanks all!!

Cyd

• Like 1

You can very easily get the developer kit for making tattoos from the Maitreya store. You do NOT need to apply for the kit. Just go to the Maitreya store and on the wall right next to the mesh body you find all the developer kits free of charge. I know many people prefer a Maitreya applier to an Omega Applier. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.