Need help with changing clothes

SoyaSaus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello people
im new to secondlife 
but i cant figure out how to change clothes, 
i bought some stuff in the marketplace and i cannot find it in my inventory??
and yes i really purchase it with $L they even send me a email with the stuff i bought 
i really dont know what to do right now 
and yes im playing it on advanced [i think ] 
theres alot outfits like robot avatar and vampires and female rocker etc...
ugh im such a n00b 

also found out that i have to open a box but  i cant find the item at all in my inventory so thats difficult
anyone??

Hello SoyaSaus and welcome to SL Forums. The stuff you purchase, arrives in your inventory as a box with contests and saved in the folder called "Objects" in your main inventory. You can't attach or wear the box immidiately. You must to open (unpack it). So you go at a region where you have the right to rezz. Public Sandboxes are recommended about. You can find several of them here. So choose a Sandbox --> View this destination --> View on map --> Visit this location --> You see a pop-up window --> Allow --> you see the place profile in your monitor in world on the right --> Teleport. When you arrive at the sandbox you drag the box on the ground --> right click on it --> Open --> Copy to inventory. A folder is created in your inventory (easier to find it looking at the 2nd tab of your inventory called "Recent"). Now you are ready to use (wear or add the stuff, clothes etc with right click on them in your inventory --> Wear or Add. You repeat the same process to open (unpack) all the boxes. When you finish it is good to delete them. You can check also the following link. Pics and videos also there: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowled​ge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

About outfits: The "secret" is to learn and understand completely to use the commands "Save" and "Save as". They work same as in all applications like for example when you save a document in MS Word. When you change clothes or just you remove or add something in your appearance you can use the "Save as" to save the new outfit or the outfit with the last changes as a new outfit with a different name. For example you have the outfit ".....", saved in your inventory. You make 2-3 changes. With "Save as" you save them in another new outfit with the name "..... New" or different. That means with simple words that the previous outfit called "...." continues to exist in your intentory and same time you have the new outfit ".... new" with the changes. On the other side if you make changes in your appearance and you use the command "Save", you save permanently the new changes in the same outfit and in fact you lose your previous look (without the changes). Summary: When you create a new outfit you use always the command "Save as" and you save it with a new name. I repeat this doesn't affect the previous outfit. When you want to to make 1-2 changes and keep you use "Save". Save means that you lose all previous settings.

SoyaSaus wrote:

ok so ive tested it with another item [hair] 

and it comes with a pop up message and it says keep delete etc,

but i didnt saw that at my other items  [or maybe i just didnt noticed it ]

what should i do now?

Always when you purchase something, you click "Keep". After you can find it easily if you open the second tab in your inventory called "Recent". However if you relog, you find your stuff into the folder "Objects" in your main inventory. About how you unpack (open) the boxes please see my post above.

have you looked in your recent items to see if it is there?

depending on when you bought it or unpacked it from the box..you may need to adjust the filter  to set the time back some in your recent items to see it..

if you look at the recent items tab and click on that..then look to the bottom part of the inventory window you will see what looks like a tiny cog next to a + sign..

click the cog and you will see show filters..click that and it will open your filters..

what i usually do is set it back a day before i bought it or however many days ago i had bought and received the item..

it should show up somewhere in the received items in one of those folders ..if it was from market place you will see it in your object folder if it wasn't unpacked yet..if it was you should see both the object  in the object folder and the unpacked version in a folder in your recent items  inventory..

hope this helps =)

yeah i know what you mean and i did the exact same thing that you told me and it seems that it isnt there i just didnt received the items  , also got the popups and told me that i received it but still nothing, do i have to wait  or just restart my pc cause its confusing me right now

p.s some items from the marketplace are working and are in the objectfolder :S

SoyaSaus wrote:

thats the problem , 

it doesnt appear in my objects folder even if i click ''keep''  and i know how to unbox now thankss : )) 

Then a known bug affects you also. Please check out the answers in this thread some earlier:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/Purchases-are-being-delivered-and-accepted-but-not-showing-up-in/qaq-p/1346619

• 3 weeks later...

right click it and click 'wear'..

if its in a box, then u have to unpack it.. go to a sandbox n drag it out frm ur inventory.. then 'open' it and 'copy to inventory'.

after copying, dont forget to delete the box left.. i recommend Fermi Sandbox :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.