Need Help Making Alpha Masks

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love mesh clothing, and I, on principle, refuse to change my shape to fit clothing---that's just backward!  I spent the last few hours shopping for mesh clothes.  I found several items that I really liked and that looked very good, except that the included alpha layers stopped just a little short of where they needed to in places, spoiling the look.  I have decided that, if I am going to be able to enjoy mesh clothing to the fullest, I must make my own alpha layers.  I know how to do it; I just made one as a test. I can eventually make what I need through trial and error.  However, it would make it very much easier if I had maps (I don't know the right nomenclature.) that would let me see, when working on the texture, what part would be on what part of the avatar when worn as an alpha layer.

Are such "maps" available?  Where?

• 2 weeks later...

So you are familiar with sl clothing template. Create a new layer, fill it with white and erase the part corresponding to outer arm (upper body template) and legs (lower body template) with a tool of your choise and save them in TGA format with alpha. Login to sl and upload those files, create a new alpha and wear it to edit it. And have a look at following video.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.