Honored Resident

My avatar looks like a white egg!

I'm new in SL and I'm still learning but today I was in one music place and I wanted to go in another. When I teleported my avatar there, I couldn't see her in normal way cuz she was looks like  a white little egg with her name above. I don't know how to fix it... Man Sad  Anyone can help?

Re: My avatar looks like a white egg!

Reply to Rhea Lombardia - view message

Activate the advanced menu. Character > charater test > male (or female) test depending on your gender.

And, happy Easter! It's now or never to look like an egg! Smiley Very Happy

"Everybody is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong." Mahatma Gandhi
Honored Resident

Reply to valerie Inshan - view message

LOL thanks, now its ok! Happy Easter! Smiley Happy

Honored Resident

Reply to valerie Inshan - view message

I am having the same problem in both firestorm and SL viewers.  I can open the advanced menu but get lost at "Character > charater test > male".  what am I missing?

Reply to HawX Thiebaud - view message

HawX Thiebaud wrote:

I am having the same problem in both firestorm and SL viewers.  I can open the advanced menu but get lost at "Character > charater test > male".  what am I missing?

It's in the Develop menu (in newer viewers):

Develop --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male
and
Develop --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female

You can activate the develop menu by: Ctrl-Alt-Q

What it does is that it puts you back to the default newbie looks; after which you can start putting back on your nicer stuff.

If even that does not resolve the cloud, you can find more information what to do here:
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/bake_fail

It's for Phoenix viewer, but in principle the info applies to all viewers.

Recognized Resident

Reply to Coby Foden - view message

Crap. Thanks for the info - I am no longer an egg. Unfortunately, I reset my avatar before reading your whole post and didn't realize I'd be set back to a newbie av until it was too late. I spent so much time (and money) getting my avatar the way I wanted her, and now I have to start over. Ugh! Seriously, Linden should have a better method for resolving the white egg issue. Smiley Sad

Contributor

Reply to Rebekah Cavan - view message

Rebekah Cavan wrote:

Crap. Thanks for the info - I am no longer an egg. Unfortunately, I reset my avatar before reading your whole post and didn't realize I'd be set back to a newbie av until it was too late. I spent so much time (and money) getting my avatar the way I wanted her, and now I have to start over. Ugh! Seriously, Linden should have a better method for resolving the white egg issue. Smiley Sad

Actually everything you used to wear as part of your avatar should still be in your inventory - there's no need to "start over." Just add the pieces you used back one at a time. There's a chance that one of them might have caused your egg problem in the first place - if that's the case, that's the only part you need to replace.