My Avatar is two colors top pink color and bottom tan. Can't buy new skins cost me to much.

Lydiaunold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's a known issue with the new release. If you go into your preferences/graphics and uncheck Basic Shaders then rebake ctrl+alt+R you should get your avatar back to normal, when it rezzes correctly remember to recheck Basic Shaders before closing your preferences again.

I just had or have this issue. I reloged, emptied the cache, rebaked, didn't help. Unchecking basic shaders helps, but after closing preferences and if i rebake again while basic shaders is checked the skin goes back to different colors. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Head is normal color, legs a bit darker and upper body is darkest. :D

Glad i found this thread and  thank you Miranda for posting that. :)

Funny it don't affect on all outfits, changing skin don't help, but some outfits are normal. Also some of my shoes alpha layers are not working. Guess this is some ATI -thing?

Edited some more: Actually it affects on all of my outfits. When i put outfit that have a bit differently modified shape it looks first ok, but if i use rebake it goes strange again. On some outfits my skin i guess? or shape? takes textures from clothing.  Should i make a bug report or no? Is this something that i can fix by myself or no?

If this is a known bug then why it started for me only on the second day after this newest update to sl viewer. Everything's been ok untill yesterday and i didn't change anything on my pc, only thing new was the sl update. If i need to downgrade too, then how much older driver is ok? Maybe i just need to test by myself...

This really is getting annoying.  The tip that someone gave about basic shaders and re-bake does seem to do the trick, however it is not a permanent fix. Every time I go to change a shirt or any article of clothing for that matter, or edit appearance, this happens. My whole torso including my hands turns pink. Then I am forced to do the process every time. For someone that frequently likes to take his shirt off at the beach, this is very unattractive. I paid good money for my skin and this sucks. Add to that, my jeans are sort of low-riding, so even after the re-bake, I see a heavy 'tan line' above my belt line that shouldn't be there.

I really do not want to 'downgrade' the viewer (which I don't even know how to do anyway), nor do I want to get any other viewer. I'm just getting used to the SL viewer and I like it. Will we see a real fix by LL for this any time soon?

So will downgrading a viewer fix this? I'm so used to read to downgrade a graphics driver with the online games if something's wrong i didn't even think about downgrading the viewer.

Here is a ss of my skin :D :

skin_issues.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.