Mesh clothes on mesh body

Asylum Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I was away from SL for ages, so I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the newer stuff. I bought a mesh body, but don't know how to fit the handful of mesh clothes I have onto it. I've read a few tutorials, but they're written by people who assume I know what they mean when they say to use alpha's - I don't! Can someone tell me, for example, how to put on a pair of jeans on? (lol).

Cheers!

It might help if you specifiy which Mesh body you have, but generally speaking Alpha's or Alpha Cuts are on the HUD that came with the body. There are sections that you can toggle on and off to turn pieces of the body invisible. So to wear a pair of mesh jeans you pick the size that has the closest fit arond the waist then use the alpha cuts from the body hud to hide any bits of the mesh body that show through. If you find Jeans which are Fitted Mesh and made for your specific Body Brand then alpha cut's may well not be needed. 

You can also read the blog: http://meshbodyaddicts.com

They have tutorials and video tutorials. This tutorial is probably the best to start with: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/848-2/ step eight show you alphas and what people mean when they say "use alphas".

Now, the body shown there is one of the most popular, and it has also been updated several times since that tutorial was posted. So the HUD have a slightly different look, and it is added some extras.

Different mesh bodies does not have to be like the one shown, so come back and post what you have bought so you might get better help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.