Mesh bodies and Skin appliers

TimeofSilks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Head over to Mesh Body Addicts blog at http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-reviews/  Most of the bodies available are listed there. First thing, and this should be a deal breaker, it should be Omega compatible. More and more skin designers are doing their skin appliers in Omega rather than try to keep up with individual appliers for each body. 

Next, demo, demo, demo. Hit the stores and grab the demos and decide which one you like before you spend the money. A mesh body and skins are a major investment so you want one that YOU like. Don't pay attention to the "this body is best" or "that body is best." The best one is the one you like. I have, on Bobbie, Maitreya, Slink Physique and Hourglass, Banned/Isteni, Belleza and the Tonic Curvy and Fine. Each of them have their pluses and minuses as well a differences in the alpha cuts. Find the one that fits what you like and the clothes you want to wear. 

The only body I would recommend you steer clear of is the TMP, mainly because of the way the body works as well as the shopping experience at The Shops.

Good luck finding exactly the body you like that fits what you need and want...demo, demo, demo.

The one you have pictured just has the body, no appliers, no feet. You'll have to buy them separately. 

OH!

I think I understand now.

The people who make mesh bodies and the people who make skins are not usually the same.  The people who make skins will usually carry the body applies which are small tolls that will put the skin texture on the mesh body for you.  The Omega system as mentioned above is a good option to look for in a body but any of the big 3 (Slink, Maitreya, Beleza) will have plenty of options available them.

Once you have a body picked out, you can start looking for skins.  And there are dozens of stores with very nice skins to choose from.  Just be sure to look for the logo that matches your body and you you are good.

OK, I looked it up to be sure.  Eve is Omega compatible.  I know LAQ, Pink Fuel and I think Esode sell Omega compatible appliers that should work with Eve bodies.  If all else fails, do a Market Place search for Omega and then narrow it down to Avatar Components / Skin ? Female.

I don't know Tonic, but Slink work with the sliders, yes. Unless it is a very old mesh body, you should be able to edit it in appearance.

Just pick up demos and experiment. Do not think that you can't edit them if you happen to wear the included shape. The shapes are the underlying form similar to the default avatar shapes, and some set them to no modify in demo packs.

If you wear a mesh body demo and a modifiable shape, you should be able to edit it. You can test the mesh body on the shape you wear now, or any other modifieble shape.

What most mesh bodies don't allow, is that you rightclick and edit them. Here is where the appliers work. They apply skin, tattoos and layers of clothing, wrap it around the body.

Try to watch youtube tutorials also.

TimeofSilks wrote:

Can you edit the shapes of slink and tonic mesh bodies?

Anything that is rigged (body or clothes, it doesn't matter) are editible with the body sliders.

It's not really as simple as that but then agine, it really is.

Most mesh bodies will adjust with the shape sliders that affect the avatar bones.  Some will adjust with other sliders like body fat and muscles.  However, not all mesh bodies adjust to the slaiders the same way; some do better than others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.