Mesh avatar body parts showing through clothing

Boy Battitude

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a friend helping me briefly, I have a mesh avatar, which whenever I apply clothing to it, my body parts show through, regardless of what size I am wearing. My friend suggested going to some dirt, and dropping the shape on the ground, then editing the various parts for 100% transparency, but he had to go right after that. I tried dropping the shape on the ground, and get a red prohibitory sign, I am not wearing the skin I am trying to edit. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated at this point.

If you are wearing one of the LL mesh starter avatars, there is nothing you can do. Clothes won't fit, and you can't wear alpha layers and you can't alpha any parts of the body. If you are using it, ditch it and buy a mesh body, or pick a Cassic starter avatar instead.

If you have bought a mesh body, it should come with a HUD that makes parts of the body invisible. Use that.

Good luck!

First: Don't listen to your friend. He/She seems to have no idea about mesh bodies AT ALL.

To help you better, it would be great, if you could say what mesh body you are wearing. Do you simply picked one of the mesh starter avatars that LL provides? If yes, forget about using it. Its basically not compareable with anything user created.

If its not one of the starter avatars, tell us what brand you picked. People with the same type of body can give you much more detailed information about how to use it, what options you have and what stores are great for shopping for that body.

Right now, I can only give you some very general information about mesh bodies in general. Mesh bodies are technically attachments. The standart avatar body that everyone has (which is made of a shape, skin, base hair and eyes) gets covered by an alpha layer to hide every part where the mesh body will be. This means that you can not wear clothes and other things that are based on system layers (you know, the stuff that looks like its painted onto your body).

So mesh clothes are your best option, if you have a mesh body. But not all will fit. like a glove, especially if they aren't specifically made for a certain brand of body. Thats why most mesh bodies come with a HUD that includes options to hide certain body parts. Use that one instead of trying to give your body transparency (it won't work). This should make you able to wear most mesh clothes. However you always should test a demo before you purchase something, as there will be clothes that will still not fit your body.

Oh...we are talking about that kind of mesh avatar!

Then forget what I said. I (and probably some of the others) thought you were talking about human mesh bodies, that replace everything below your neck, with seperate hands and feet. Because that is, mostly, what people think of, when you say mesh body.

What you got there is a complete mesh avatar. They are very specific products, far from mainstream and usually are a case of "what you buy is what you can have", which means the avatars are usually not made with much customization and all clothes useable by them are made by the same creator...if they exist at all.

The Jomo Leopard seems to have at least some sort of HUD to hide a bit of the body, but from my experiance you usually still end up with a tiny sample of clothes that fit well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.