Mama Allpa HUD

Connie Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm asking for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous, but is concerned about a situation that recently happened.

This friend has a partner who claims that one day at work, a VIP was able to adjust her HUD without her permission or knowledge.  Despite the HUD disappearing from her screenf for 30 seconds, it showed she was still wearing it, according to her inventory.

The partner recently discovered that the level to which she could get pregnant was adjusted from 20% where she normally keeps it to 80%.  

Is it possible for someone other than the owner of the HUD to make adjustments without the owner's permission or knowledge?  Has there been any previous reports about this happening?

Thank you in advance for any help.

No one besides the owner should be able to mess with the settings of the HUD.

Unless the owner of the HUD has installed an add on such as the Mama Allpa Lock and has their RLV enabled. Even with that though, the owner must designate who is in charge of their HUD.

I have not heard any previous reports of this myself, but if your friend is still concerned, I would reach out to the mama allpa staff.

Let me see if I can get this straight.  Your friend (let's say Joseph) has a partner (Mary).  One day Mary was at work (in SL?) and someone else (Holly who is a big shot) was able to adjust Mary's HUD so that she had an 80% of being pregnant instead of the normal 20%.  Mary also noticed that the HUD disappeared like a ghost for 30 seconds even though inventory said Mary had it on the whole time.

Connie, what I do in situations like yours -- and it happens more than one would think -- is say "gee, SL sure can do weird things.  It was probably a glitch for a moment" and leave it at that.  I mean it would be hurtful to imply that Mary was being deceitful to Joseph just because she wants to speed up the SL pregnancy process and needed to blame it on something else.  I'm sure that would never happen.

Oh it's far from impossible, depending on the scripting. For example, a misdirected llRegionSayTo message could have been incorrectly sent to the wrong avatar and while someone thought they were updating their own settings, were in fact updating someone else's. Reference the other thread and there's a plausible correlation here.

However, it's only a "possible" action, it could be just the usual end user dramatainment.

Once again, best suggestion to the OP would be to ask YT Recreant, the product creator.

Sassy (who has never ever sent a message to the wrong recipient.. ever...nuh uh... Shakes head vigorously)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.