Making an Avatar for me?

Sienna Rizzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible to have someone make an Avatar for me? There are so many options i cant decide on anything. I spend hours shopping around. It would be great if i could just tell someone what I want and then they could do the work for me.  I would of course compinsate them for their time.

Omg yes lol. i'm so grateful! From what i've looked at i think i'm interested in the Maitreya body. Long hair in a brown shade. For makeup i want something light, no smoky eyes or anything like that. I was looking for a pink lip and light eye makeup. As far as clothing i'm really interested in a winter outfit with boots or leggings. I dont have a budget set but since i'm still deciding how much time i want to devote to SL i dont want it to be to expensive. That is all i got for now. How much in average do personal shoppers cost?

With your body picked,  that's half the battle.  This way we know what to fit.

The skins included with Maitreya are made by Glam Affair.  You can pick up free set of those skins at the store so you can match perfectly.  There are tons of great skins, too.  Here's one from Esode.  I like the corral lips best but your mileage may very as they say.

Long brown hair can be so many things.  How about something from Argrace or maybe Magika (since I see you like Halloween in you profile).

Winter outfit .. you can't go wrong with L&B jackets.  Wear them with some high waist jeans or any other applier jeans you may like. I picked applier jeans so they fit under KC shoes with wool socks or Reign boots.  These boots are also made to fit with the jeans in the picture.

This may get axed as spam but since everything is from different people and all on the market place, I hope not.

Hello ,

actually I have found a good one , I even can keep my normal head - BUT I cannot wear my own tattoes or clothing - I am absolutely lost what to do - is it really that complicated ?  Must I buy all clothes again ?  I hope somebody can help me - I don't understand all that ( ADD doesn't make it easier ) - I like that Mesh avi a lot ( though it will take my last Lindens ) - is there a way to keep my tattoes and clothes ?

YoSung wrote:

Must I buy all clothes again ?

Probably yes. Mesh appliers are available for some old system clothing, skins and tattoos but usually not and the appliers are rarely free anyway.

YoSung wrote:

I don't understand all that ( ADD doesn't make it easier )

Do not think of a mesh body (or a mesh body part) as being similar to a system avatar. A mesh body is a piece of mesh clothing you wear on top of your regular avatar. Once you realize that, it's actually quite easy to figure out the basics how it works.

ValeniaGoblintree wrote:

Is there a tutorial out there for the Maitreya body?

First off, search for the group "Maitreya Lara Friends" and join that.  It is not a store group; just a bunch of people that use this mesh body.  You can get tons of advice on anything from technical help to fashion advice.

As for as a tutorial goes, you can google "maitreya lara body tutorial" and get several results.  The one on Mesh Body Adicts page (Called Mesh Bodies 101) is a good one and works for any other mesh body too.

[ETA]

Here's a bare bones guide ...

• Take off everything you are wearing leaving just 4 things: shape, eyes, hairbase and skin.
  • Open the Maitreya Lara folder.
  • Rightclick and add the following items:
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V3.5
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - Feet V3.5
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - Hand L V3.5
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - Hand R V3.5
    • Maitreya Mesh Body - HUD V3.5 Lara
    • Maitreya Tip-Toe FeetShape
  • If the HUD is not open, click on it to open.
  • Click "Skins & Options" - the right most tab
  • Click the Skin Preset that most cloesly matches your face.
  • Pick your feet and hands nail colors and the length for the nails on your hands
  • Click the tip-toe foot setting.
  • Finally, on the bottom right, pick the neck size closest to your shape's neck size.

If you buy a custom skin, you will need to use the applier that comes with the skin instead of the presets.

You wear the hud...it will attach to your screen. You'll be able to use it then. 

For clothes, hit Blueberry too. She has some jeans and leggings meant to wear under clothes...like her new Cake leggings and the Cupcake thigh high boots. She also has the pizza jeans that work with some boots from Reign.

As for the hair...Check out Hairology. They have a lot of haif from different makers there. Demo them though so you can decide on the textures since they all have different texuting.

Sometimes HUDs act a bit wonky if you rez them on your body or on the ground. If you think your HUD may be broken you can consider a redlivery. If it's for the Maitreya body you can get a redelivery by going to the store you purchased it at and looking for the Redilivery kiosk. That'll give you the entire folder again and you can use the HUD from new once more. Make sure just to wear or add the HUD, don't rez it on the body or on the ground. The Maitreya one shows up at the top of your screen toward the left. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.