Maitreya mesh body and tattoos!!

MissElemental

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so lets just put it out there that I am not tech savvy and I am a mesh body noob........ I am surprised I was able to figure out this mesh body stuff..... Well....... Kind of....... I mean I have her dressed and all that.. Go me... After a long absense from SL I log back in and only purchased a Maitreya lara mesh body about 2 weeks ago, my first mesh body.. Ugh I LOVE it so much... :matte-motes-inlove:

The only thing that bugs me is my body tattoos glitching......? 

I have always been heavily inked in SL.. It's my THING.. It is ME.. But I found that having tattoos applied to a layer, and then clothing applied to another layer, my tattoos glitch.. Obviously while wearing mesh clothing this is not an issue but I don't always want to wear mesh..

Is there any thing I can do to stop this?

Bugging the **bleep** out of me, seriously..

:matte-motes-wink:

If you are wearing clothes over the tat, be sure that you have turned on the alpha mask for the clothes. There is an Open GL glitch with common with alphas. All you need to do is be sure that you have on the mask. 

Nothing you can do about the glitch. It's a limitation of the software. It's the same thing that you see trees appearing to come through house walls that have a textured window in it. 

toggling the mask mode for the clothing layers can often fix things right up. But if the clothing or underwear layer is sheer, or lacey, it wont look right with alpha maskng enabled. My experience is that not every clothing combo works with tattoos. And some work, but are fussy about the order in which they were applied.

I have seen suggested... although I might have misunderstood,  that wearing your sheer underwear on your clothing layer, turning alpha masking on on the underwear layer (presumably even if nothing actually on it, and your tattoos on the tattoo layer will fix glitching issue as the order f the layers is made clear by having the masking on in the middle layer.

Since I have given up on wearing tattoos and got used to not wearing knickers under my pantythose I haven't tested it to see if it works or if the masked layer needs something on it to fix the sorting issue.

Edit... the Mesh Body Addicts page essentially says the same thing. maybe masked mode panties would work there, or maybe you can get away with just turning themask mode channel on.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.