Maitreya applier clothes

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi...Sorry if i missed a thread for this..but...

I use Lara mesh body, I am fine to wear mesh clothes, but sometimes when i wear a top with Maitreya appliers, my breasts show through..

If i tp especially it happens, Yet sometimes the top is in full view..i'm not sure if it's a problem with me not doing something right or maybe i should contact the creator of the tops, although it happens with most of the applier tops i buy..

Any help would be appreciated...thank you

Soobs

With any mesh body or bodypart and more than one applier layer on an area (eg. in this case your top) the layers will sometimes get messed up. Therefore if you are going to wear a bra or garter belt or highrise pantyhose you are best wearing a mesh top and not an applier top.

Funny you should say that because yesterday I put on an item using the Omega Relay for Lara. I tp somewhere and most of my outfit had disappeared. Quick tp back to house lol. I am not entirely sure of what I am doing wrong with the Omega Relay but I seem to have a lot of difficulty getting the clothes on in the first place.

Anyone point out what I and the op are doing wrong.

Thanks

Maitreya hud as a mask mode for if you want to wear several layers of appliers.

the button for each layer (tattoo, underwear and clothing) is below the buttons for top and bottom for each category.

Im not inworld right now, so i can check, and i haven't used that feature, but i am sure it's explained in the instruction notecard that comes with the mesh body, as i saw it there.

Yes..I have tried the mask mode and all that happened is I wore the top fine, but I also wore a white top that covered all of the top of my avi. .lool, I will have to persevere I guess and keep trying. .you are all being so kind trying to help..I really do appreciate it.

sooby Mills wrote:

Yes..I have tried the mask mode and all that happened is I wore the top fine, but I also wore a white top that covered all of the top of my avi. .lool, I will have to persevere I guess and keep trying. .you are all being so kind trying to help..I really do appreciate it.

You need to turn the layer with the white top off.

As Trinity says, you can use two layers on mesh bodies\parts using the mask button on the top layer.... but only if that layer is a solid texture.. masking doesn't work with transparencies.

But, I would avoid where possible making outfits with more than one layer on any area.

If you are going to wear a tattoo on your top, then don't try to wear applier underwear or an applier top. Use mesh instead. If you aren't using tattoos then you can use underwear layers but don't use the clothing layer. It will often look like it has worked but as soon as you cross a sim boundary or teleport somewhere things mess up.. and there is no guarantee people will be seeing you the same way you see yourself.

Mesh bodies are back to old school for your layers. 1 tat, 1 underwear and 1 clothing. You can't wear 2 shirts on the clothing layer like you can on the default, one has to be on the underwear layer. And there is no jacket layer so for tops that go down to the lower half, they are going to take the pants layer so your pants will have to be on the underwear or tat layer....I know it's confusing but think about it like putting on your clothes when you add them And do use the alpha mask. It's a workaround an OpenGL bug that LL can do nothing about. It's inherent in the OpenGL code.

I was thinking of starting a new thread but this thread and some of the comments seem to be similiar to my enquiry, I have the Maitreya Lara Shape Mesh body. My question is how to wear the omega appliers. I have the Omega conversion kit.. I attach it then I put on my omega tattoo hud, when touched I choose from the blue menu what layer I want it to be. It shows up fine on my Mesh Hud.  I then pick an item of clothing, say a top, I attach the omega applier, and choose a different layer from the blue menu.  It shows up on my Mesh hud, but I am unable to see my first omega applier the tattoo.. sometimes they both show and as soon as I tp to a different place the tattoos disappear.. so confused as to what I am not checking or unchecking .. advise would be gratefully received.

• 1 year later...

What is wrong is the idea of Mesh clothing at all.  There was no need to fix something that was not broken.  I have a decades worth of clothing that is now unusable.  How is that progress?  Who came up with this stupid idea?  So you cant wear certain clothing unless it has the specific applier for your mesh body.  The clothing is expensive also.  You are limited to clothing that is mesh.  Why?  What is the benefit?  Without a mesh body, I can set up an outfit with everything I usually want to wear and just choose that outfit to wear.  But you cannot do that with mesh.  Every time you change outfit it takes you 15 minutes or more to do it.  You have to black out certain parts of your body because the clothing does not cover it in a spot.  Constant adjusting.  Stupid.  Ever heard of Backwards Compatibility?  I want my old clothing to fit my mesh body. NOW FIX THE PROBLEM!!!  Otherwise just trash Mesh bodies. They dont look any better than the old ones.  It is the skin and body shape that count.  Not the type of body. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.