Looking for better clothes

Joe Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need some pointers.  Where is a good place for men's wear?  I need everything from regular jeans -- that are not skaterboy grunge -- to business casual slacks and shirts.  A nice suit or two wouldn't hurt either.

I have looked on the marketplace but what you see is not always what you get.  Is there a store name that is known to have better quality clothes?  Maybe a group that  knows where to shop?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

There are plenty of places known for their quality. I'm more familiar with the female ones, myself, but blogs are a great resource. I googled, and found a few that sound vaguely familiar from other threads:

http://themensdeptsl.com/

http://menstuff.stuff-sl.com/

Mesh is a good way to go - it tends to look better than system clothing, although system layers have their place. One plus side of mesh clothing is that it usually has demos. Try them. Other than having something attached or painted on to say that the item is a demo, it'll look basically the same as it will when you buy it, so you'll know that what you see IS what you get.

The big name that I'm familiar with that does men's fashion (also women's) is Redgrave. There are many, many more.

Thank you all very much for the advice. I have a lot of places to start looking for now.  This should keep ne busy for a few days,

seanabrady wrote:

Go to the primary Mens fashion events, see what you like then go to the main stores for those places.

This is exactly what I was asking about!  That would be great.  Do you know where they are?  Which events should I be searching for?  The events searches are full of everything!  I am so lost trying to get started I don't even know what is a primary event and what is just basically a tourist trap..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.