Lolas or Maitreya mesh body

EvelynSl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lola's by a mile. They're moddable and have been around much longer, so they have much more support among clothing applier makers.

Maitreya is no-mod, so you're restricted to the handful of content creators who support the body. I'm sure that number will grow, but will never match the amount of support modable bodies and bodyparts recieve.

Lolas are a mesh breast implant to give you larger breasts. They have the older rigged mesh Tangos and the newer fitted mesh Deliq. They require appliers for clothing and skin textures and are the standard for appliers for almost all the mesh breasts in SL. They are Omega compatible out of the box.

The Maitreya is a full mesh body that will give you nicer curves all over and you don't have to worry about a line where the mesh meets the SL default avi. Because of the extensive scripting it is no mod. However, it is compatible with the Omega appliers for skin and clothing. There are a large number of designers that make skin and appliers specifically for Maitreya and even more that make the Omega appliers. https://slskinaddiction.wordpress.com/appliers-database/ is a database compiled by the Skin Addiction group and lists who makes the appliers by the mesh and the applier type.

Omega is an almost universal applier system you can purchase at the Love N Lust store. If you join the group, the kit to make your part is 1-3L. If you don't it's 99L. Most of the mesh boobs in SL don't require anything to work with the Omega. Maitreya requires a bridge. Basically the applier hud talks to the bridge and the bridge talks to the scripts in the Maitreya body. The huds are no different from the texture change huds you already use for most mesh clothing.

Most mesh clothing will fit over the Maitreya body if you have your default avi set for that standard mesh sizes. I have one and have had no problem getting mesh to fit.

I too am reading all the stuff about Mesh bodies .

Damn I want one but it seems to complicated to find feet, hands , mesh head or no mesh head ? 

Clothes fit or dont fit ? 

wouldent it be great if there was one simple guide to messh bodies and heads and flipping feet and hands to help consumers decide :P 

I wish I would have gone with the Lolas and a nice butt. I could never get my body the way I wanted it (nice butt and boobs) so, I just bought a whole body and I am not terribly happy with it. The shape is beautiful, the skin is not. I can see all the seams where the body is put together. The demo did not show these. I am still playing with the lighting to see if I can fix it, but to no avail. I would suggest going for the boobs based on my experience, but others may have a different opinion. Let me know what u went with, I would be curious to see your experience.

Yeah each mesh body is very different, in particular in how the curves fall, the bosom shape, and the way the butt and legs join up.

I find Maitreya always has a bit of an 'invisible pony' look and a butt that sticks out. Slink looks 'blocky' - not boyish but not curvy either. The new eBody has boyishly slim hips. Belleza has curvy thighs and a teardrop bosom. Fusion feels chunky/muscular. Mbody is flat chested and tweenish slim. TMP is smooth curvy.

- And then the skin worn... if its highlights and shadows fall differently than the curves, edges, bumps, and shadows of the body... it will feel "wrong" in either obvious or worse; subtle yet alienating ways.

not lolas, not maitreya...... use kitties lair lena perky..... the only body i trust, and one that supports slink hands and feet! yea lolas has more clothes, but lena is better looking!

lena does need head, hands, and feet to be bought. however, the body is just too good at 800-900L$

Snapshot_004.png

It comes to personal taste. I would try all the demos for the specific shapes. Lena Lush, for example, can give you a Jessica Rabbit look, even if you use the "standard" shape, and some people prefer that. Others find it too extreme and less natural. Pussycat summarized most bodies pretty well, but you would have to see for yourself. When I was choosing, I got all the demos I could, then I compared them all using the same shape. I played with the sliders to see how it would look with bigger/smaller body parts. Remember that "nice" boobs/butt is subjective, and not everyone likes the same thing.

About skins... I think that most skin makers have or are developing appliers for Slink and Omega, which covers the Slink Physique body and every other mesh body that is Omega compatible (Maitreya, Lena, etc.). I believe Belleza Venus only works with Belleza skins (and vice-versa), but I could be mistaken. If the skin is good, it will look good, just as in the SL body. I'm not sure if TMP has anything compatible with anything other than itself; they're like the Apple of mesh bodies: you can make appliers of clothes, but that's pretty much it; you have to use their products.

Good luck!

Belleza is Omega compatible for the body. You'll need to use the one without hands and feet and use Slink hands and feet if you go that route though because the Belleza hands and feet don't use the SL UV maps. There are also a lot of skin makers that make the Belleza appliers, though again, many don't come with the maps for the hands and feet for the same reason. It would require a total redo of the textures for the Belleza hands and feet.

As for the Lena, I like the look of the body. However, the alpha cuts are among the worst. Most of the other bodies have numerous slender cuts to work with just about any mesh clothing on the grid. Last I looked, the Lena has very large chunks rather than thin cuts. That's a big minus.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Belleza is Omega compatible for the body. You'll need to use the one without hands and feet and use Slink hands and feet if you go that route though because the Belleza hands and feet don't use the SL UV maps. There are also a lot of skin makers that make the Belleza appliers, though again, many don't come with the maps for the hands and feet for the same reason. It would require a total redo of the textures for the Belleza hands and feet.

That was the biggest mistake any mesh body maker could make. Using a custom UV map. Belleza populatrity has suffered a lot I suspect because of this.

Even though it DOES work work with Omega and slink hands/feet - I am constantly encountering people who don't realize this. One of my favorite skin makers even pulled her posters that said "belleza & maitreya supported" and replaced them with just maitreya because of this. And she DOES NOT put out Maitreya appliers. Only Omega and slink appliers... so she actually DOES support Belleza...

(another favorite skin maker refuses to put out Omega appliers because she uses materials... and doesn't realize that Omega appliers are actually some of the only appliers that... have materials support... /sigh)

Sadly Lena does have horrible alphas and seems to not be getting any updates to that issue. But I actually choose against it because of the shoulders - they fold up weird when the avatar raises her arms, and that is a common pose for my AO.

I mostly stick with Belleza, which has the shape I prefer - though I've become keenly aware of those flaws it does have... :)

One more thing to note: Fitted mesh clothing.

There's growing support for Belleza, Maitreaya, and Slink fitted mesh clothes. Most of the makers support all three. A few only support two of the three. Its a contest between Belleza and Maitreye mostly for which has the most support. Slink's body shape was recently revised so most fitted mesh mad specifically for slink won't actually fit it... you need to demo and check to see if it was made for slink 2.0

Eve also has a lot of fitted mesh - most of it made by the maker of Eve. (S)he's been at that longer than any of the others so there's a good amount there (I've not mentioned Eve before here because the 'physics' of it are so bad I find it unusable, and its recent update didn't address this: the sternum moves with the bosom, and the vulva (pesky word filter) moves with the butt - which is, anime comical).

The other mesh bodies have limited support.

Ah, the alpha cuts, of course! Maitreya also recently updated the body. Now both Maitreya and Slink have even more alpha cuts than before, and they also offer saving slots for alpha patterns. By the way, Maitreya is also compatible with Slink hands and feet, which was a BIG yes yes toward Belleza and Maitreya, because by then most people had already bought hands and feet.

Interesting what you mention about Omega for the Belleza body! One of my favorite designers makes separate appliers for Omega and Belleza. Does it need a bridge, like the Maitreya body?

arualblues wrote:

Interesting what you mention about Omega for the Belleza body! One of my favorite designers makes separate appliers for Omega and Belleza. Does it need a bridge, like the Maitreya body?

Yes, somewhat.

For Belleza there is an Omega kit that 'flips a switch' on the Belleza body so that it can accept Omega appliers. I find that if I make a copy of that body, I have to use this activator thing again... but otherwise, I can keep applying different Omega appliers as long as I want to the body once activated.

Ive been thinking mesh body for a while too.  It is very confusing. I wish there was some 3rd party who was available to set me up! 

I got the Maitreya demo and like Pussycat said>>her butt sticks out, but I can look past that if I didnt have other problems.

I cant get my head (colour) to blend to my liking.  Maybe...I need new skin too?

I have slink feet and the colour blending was a problem here too. Another reason I was considering a whole body change.   

Maitreya have hud to switch feet size from high to med to flat and I like that but so far none of my previously bought slink shoes fit. (loved how the nail colour hud worked). 

And I tried a few of my favourite dresses using the Maitreya alpha menu but its a real pain fitting them.  Also I have so many favourite clothes that are not mesh so they will have to be shelved. 

Unless I use mesh body just when Im naked ...I am thinking,  little reason to change. 

The maitreya mesh body is fitted mesh, so it doesnt need to come with mod perms because it will change if you modifiy your shape with the normal tab for changing appearence.

So i dont understand this rant about maitreya butt, because it will depend on your shape. 

I have the Maitreya body and my butt looks pretty nice. 

Also, i have zero problem for wearing 95 % of my mesh outfits. The only ones i cant wear are those who have fancy cuts but there arent the majority of what i have.

Maitreya sends updates regularly and i have good hopes that soon we will get even more possibilities for the alpha cuts.

I use the hands coming with the mesh body and for the feet, as most of my shoes are slink only, i use the slink ones and it never caused problem.

Well the only lil thing that annoys me, is that the skin appliers are becoming a full business, as i change really often my skin and as i must buy slink AND maitreya appliers on top of the skin itself, sometime it cost an arms. I dont understand why some skin creators sell so expensive appliers while other ones just provide them in the skin pack. An applier is done with the exact same texture they apply on the skin layer. So it's not more work. It's just copying a texture UUID into a script or a notecard, this doesnt justify a high price imho.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

The maitreya mesh body is fitted mesh, so it doesnt need to come with mod perms because it will change if you modifiy your shape with the normal tab for changing appearence.

I will try this

So i dont understand this rant about maitreya butt, because it will depend on your shape. 

I have the Maitreya body and my butt looks pretty nice. 

Also, i have zero problem for wearing 95 % of my mesh outfits. The only ones i cant wear are those who have fancy cuts but there arent the majority of what i have.

I tried two gowns, 1 had cut out strips with see through material (that didnt work with alpha) and the other, had fitted bust area that was different to the alpha. ...guess youd consider them to be 'fancy cuts'

Maitreya sends updates regularly and i have good hopes that soon we will get even more possibilities for the alpha cuts.

I use the hands coming with the mesh body and for the feet, as most of my shoes are slink only, i use the slink ones and it never caused problem.

I could do this if I was happy with the skin blend

Well the only lil thing that annoys me, is that the skin appliers are becoming a full business, as i change really often my skin and as i must buy slink AND maitreya appliers on top of the skin itself, sometime it cost an arms. I dont understand why some skin creators sell so expensive appliers while other ones just provide them in the skin pack. An applier is done with the exact same texture they apply on the skin layer. So it's not more work. It's just copying a texture UUID into a script or a notecard, this doesnt justify a high price imho.

You way ahead of me...doing this  
:)

well, when a mesh outfit doesnt perfectly fit, i wear the size higher, (i use usually S, so i wear M) OR i modify a bit my shape and i save it on a new layer withh the name of the outfit that i move to the outfit folder, so next time i want to wear this item, ill have the shape ready and my maitreya body will follow this shape. This happened to me some times for legs. Of course, as soon as i change outfit i put back my regular shape so my mesh body changes to the regular one too.

I know it's not possible to wear 100 % of the meshes i have in my inventory (83 k items lol) with my mesh body but most of them work (95%).

For the ones that doesnt work, well, i dont wear the mesh body then. It's not really a problem, as when i wear a mesh clothes, the appearance of my body will be the same of the mesh clothes itself. So whatever i have under it wont really count.

I talked with some experienced pro models in sl about how they use their mesh body with mesh clothes and this is what they adviced to me (wear higher size, or just modify a bit the shape where it doesnt work). and for the fancy cuts, well... dont wear mesh body at all lol. It wont happen so often anyway if you work on the 2 previous advices :)

And let's not forget that a lot of mesh outfits worn on the default sl avatar doesnt work in perfection either, sometimes the alpha layer is just **bleep** (or dont work with all the size, but there is only one alpha in the pack) or sometimes the rigging is so bad that it cant work either. 

for the skin blend, really it must depend on your WL. And with appliers it works fine. for the neck maitreya hud has a fix button.

and well, textures applied on 3 d objects and textures applied on the default avatar will never be 100% rendered same. So it all depend on the WL you are using. sometimes you can see a slight difference . sometimes not.

Also you can wear bracelets, choker and shoes with a ring on the ankle if you are not at ease with that. But with the correct appliers normally the difference should be so slight that you shouldnt see it.

Something what can happen, is that if your slink feet color isnt reset to zero. So it will change the tone of the skin you got from the applier. You can fix that wearing the slink feet hud and going to the gear on the corner and clicking to "reset to white " on the bottom. 

Now if you dont use appliers, it's somewhat impossible to get the rigth color on both attachement, Slink hud being totally horrible for setting color manually as you cant do precise changes.

I hope this will help you :)

For skin appliers, it isn't always the same exact texture. The texture has to be modified to accomodate the higher poly count on the mesh body as compared to the default body. That's part of why you see a difference. And meshes vary from maker to maker, again why you'll see a difference between your default body, the mesh and hands/feet if you use Maitreya or Belleza with Slink hands and feet.

Hands and feet are another whole problem. The SL default foot is basically a flipper with lines on it. Slink/Maitreya/Belleza added the roundness so they look like real feet. Of course, doing that means that the skin makers have to redraw the feet to fit. Slink and Maitreya do use the basic SL map so not a huge problem. Belleza chose to make their own, so a completely new map for their hands and feet which means the skin makers have to adjust the skin maps. Maitreya also changed their hand map a bit so the Omega doesn't look right because the nail placement is different. It takes time to redo the skin maps. I know one skin maker said it took her over 10 hour to redo one skin tone for the hands and feet for Belleza. That has to be done for every skin tone made.

I do agree that some of those should be bundled together. Why do I have to pay an exhorbitant amount for each color or variation on the same color? Many skin makers are going to having one hud for all the skin lines, especially since Belleza includes the appliers for their skin tones with the body and Maitreya includes the appliers for the Glam Affair skin lines. I'd much rather pay slightly more and get all the skin tones than be nickel and dimed to death for the applier in X without freckels then have to pay again for the same tone with freckels.

CheriColette wrote:

Quick question Bobby  

If I was to buy skin, say 
Glam Affair.....will it apply to my body and standard head?

if you buy a glam affair skin, then you dont even need an applier. Maitreya mesh body has all the glam affair skins tones on the hud. You just have to fig out which button is matching with the tone you bought and click on the button. 

The skin as it's a layer will apply on your default shape, and so on your head. Then wearing the maitreya hud, (and the mesh body) you will just have to click the button AND on the same hud tab you click on the lil button more below for fix neck, which help to blend better so you dont see any difference between your default head and your mesh body.

If you buy any other skin from another store, then you 'll need an applier. Some comes in the skin pack, some not, and you must buy separately.

You can also avoid an applier if you are at ease with finding the right color on the hud. Maitreya hud has value for hue, saturation and light which make it not so hard (compared to the slink feet hud where you cant adjust the value by numbers, so precision is not possible) but it requieres some skills that come with practice.

Some skin stores sells their whole tones in a single pack for maitreya (like Wow, or 7 deadly skin), so you buy the applier one time and you get all the tones.

I dont know for other mesh bodies but i think it would work the same, as long as skin creators sell appliers for them. Altamura is a new mesh body, interesting one, and looking good, but for now, there arent any skin available for this mesh body except the one provided in the pack. But i m sure there will be more soon.

Also, if you use maitreya mesh body and maitreya feet and/or hands, the applier will apply the skin on them aswell.

if you use slink hands and/ or feet, then you will need a slink applier. (or you can use their hud, but lol, as i said, it requires to have some magician skills i dont have).

skin and appliers applied you dont see the difference between the different parts of your body. 

Also, from what i know, the Letuka new mesh head, comes also with glam affair tones on their hud and it's made to match perfectly with the maitreya mesh body. I havent tried the mesh head, but from what i've read in blogs, it's supposed to work really great with the mesh body. Idk, for now im not wanting to change my head lol

Thanks so much for your replies Trinity.  

I read yesterdays one and then went back to the demo I got and except for the basic range (10 tones) the colour picker does not work. No fine turning for colour. Also the shape sliders are missing so I just thought the shape was standard...hence the big butt and short stature. I would like to get a shape as near to the one I have now. 

Your post makes more sense to me now.  I know there isnt an applier for my skin as it is, because I had to make do with the 'mix' I made for my slink feet. Thats another reason I wanted to try a whole body.  

But not the head.  My partner isnt keen to see me change at all so if I can be happy with where the neck joins (and no, I dont want to wear a necklace all the time, but good suggestion) I would like to.  I like how the wrist,  knees and the butt bend naturally with the Maitreya body.  No sharp angles. I might even fit my slink feet so I can wear all my previously bought heels. 

yep to see the changes on the color hud you will need to make the luminosity a bit lower, otherwise it's set to 100 by default and changes are not really obvious.

Also do not forget to hit the lil button for neck blending. it makes the transition between the mesh body and the default head really smooth.

If you use glam affair skins, you just need to fig out which button on the hud is matching with your skin tones. They are all set according to glam affair skin tones, so really there shouldn't be any difference between your head and your mesh body (just use the neck fix button for a perfect match)

The musculature of the body will depend on your sl shape. It's fitted, so the mesh body will take the same shape than your sl one. You just have to edit your sl shape for changing the mesh body (although not all the sliders will work, only the one related to avatar bones, that's how fitted mesh works, but i cant remember precisely which ones are the right one, but you'll fig out easily by moving the sliders).

I have to say here that i wasnt at first really attracted for getting a mesh body. I was happy with my SL default one that i customized according to my taste. But after Maitreya improved their one in latest march, a friend of mine got one and showed me all the alpha possibilities etc. and well, i decided to give it a try. So i went to buy one, and really i don't regret my decision. I easily accept the few limits a mesh body has ( like 5% of the mesh clothes wont fit, so i wont be able to wear my mesh bodies with those, ...) but the incentives are really great and particularly the rendering of the skin.  The skins or clothes appliers look way better on a mesh body than on the default body. Also you can now choose with parts you want to hide with the alpha and you are not forced to wear the whole alpha layer provided with outfit. And this is a really great plus imho, and you avoid the problem of alphas not matching greatly with your default shape.

Even if it's not perfect, it's a great improvement for avatar imho.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.