LAQ Mesh Heads

Rayanna Shelman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the MaItreya Lara Body and am now interested in purchasing a mesh head.     I got different demos to try but am still unsure which one or even if mesh heads are really for me.      Catwa seems very popular but was not too happy with the demo.    One I quite liked was the LAQ mesh head, it seemed quite easy to use and looked more "natural" than some of the others.    I think the mesh heads are quite a new venture for LAQ (love their skins) and wondered if anyone has bought one of these or tried the demos and if so would be very interested to hear your comments.     

Would also be interested to hear if you love your mesh head and would never go back to the "classic" head or if you hate it and wish you had never bought it.

Thank you 

Rayanna Shelman wrote:

I have the MaItreya Lara Body and am now interested in purchasing a mesh head.     I got different demos to try but am still unsure which one or even if mesh heads are really for me.      Catwa seems very popular but was not too happy with the demo.    One I quite liked was the LAQ mesh head, it seemed quite easy to use and looked more "natural" than some of the others.    I think the mesh heads are quite a new venture for LAQ (love their skins) and wondered if anyone has bought one of these or tried the demos and if so would be very interested to hear your comments.     

Would also be interested to hear if you love your mesh head and would never go back to the "classic" head or if you hate it and wish you had never bought it.

Thank you 

There are developments in the works (i.e. the ability to use much more versatile animations and the ability to change a mesh head's look through sliders) that will be released fairly soon and will completely change the mesh head market. I'd advise not buying a mesh head right now unless you absolutely love it.

I have LAQ's mesh head and the Maitreya body as well.  I had no problems fitting them together.  The quality of the mesh is what one would expect from LAQ brand and the built in skin is ... well, it's an LAQ skin so it is stunningly cute.

The head is also Omega compatible.  No need to wear a relay.  Currently it only responds to the Head Size slider.

The downside --.  expressions are very limited; pout (default), closed smile, toothy smile and open mouth.  Each is animated well and can be stepped through frame by frame to get the position you want for snapshots. You can not adjust eyes and mouth separate, the 4 expressions are all you have. I understand this is going to change after bento but for now you don't get much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.