Kemono Breast Mesh Breaks

UvvU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm making an avatar with a base layer Kemono body, another Kemono body on top of that providing android-looking lines as an overlay to the base, and yet another body that is textured as a body suit. The problem is with the bodysuit layer. Frequently, the mesh (or texture, can't tell which) breaks. If I toggle the PG option for boobs in the Kemono body HUD the problem is fixed. But it will break again soon later. It breaks instantly when I zoom out really far and zoom back in, as well. I applied all the textures correctly. I didn't have a body on when I applied the texture. The bodies to be textured were rezzed separately on the ground with all the bits enabled. Does anyone have any ideas for a permanent fix?

UvvU wrote:

So I'm making an avatar with a base layer Kemono body, another Kemono body on top of that providing android-looking lines as an overlay to the base, and yet another body that is textured as a body suit.

Yikes, that sounds heavy. Expect to be seen as a jellybean by most of the population.

UvvU wrote:

Frequently, the mesh (or texture, can't tell which) breaks. If I toggle the PG option for boobs in the Kemono body HUD the problem is fixed. But it will break again soon later. It breaks instantly when I zoom out really far and zoom back in, as well.

What's 'breaks'? What does this word mean to you? Can you show a (PG) image?

It sounds like you're having clipping issues, which is not surprising if you're layering close-fitting mesh on top of one another while having both (or all three) layers visible.

You could play with alpha zones and all that, but mesh isn't supposed to be layered on top of other mesh - that's a huge waste of rendering resources. The solution would be to do everything you're trying to do on a single mesh object.

I have had the same issues with my Kemono body when trying to apply a tattoo to a seperate body, and then layering that body ontop of my normal skinned one. I have no clue how to fix this and honestly wish they would offer an Omega applier for the Kemono body so we wouldn't have to bump our scripts up with wearing multipule bodies at a time. 

I am sorry I can not be of more help. 

UvvU wrote:

So I'm making an avatar with a base layer Kemono body, another Kemono body on top of that providing android-looking lines as an overlay to the base, and yet another body that is textured as a body suit. The problem is with the bodysuit layer. Frequently, the mesh (or texture, can't tell which) breaks. If I toggle the PG option for boobs in the Kemono body HUD the problem is fixed. But it will break again soon later. It breaks instantly when I zoom out really far and zoom back in, as well. I applied all the textures correctly. I didn't have a body on when I applied the texture. The bodies to be textured were rezzed separately on the ground with all the bits enabled. Does anyone have any ideas for a permanent fix?

If more than one of the bodies was textured with "Alpha Blending" for transparency instead of "Alpha Masking" you'll have constant problems with the viewer being confused over which texture to show. Don't get me wrong; it's probably pretty confused by what you're doing anyway but multiple alpha-blended layers will completely bollix the rendering engine.

Here's what I'm working with:

http://i.imgur.com/7u5FiIh.png[/img]

I agree, it's hella complex. But I don't have access to all the textures I want to use, so I can't collapse them down onto one body. As for being a jellybean, haha I don't care.

Considering Alpha layers, I tried changing some of the layers to Alpha Masking, but it ended up jacking up the body's texture into somethething else. Is that weird? Should I still be seeing the intended texture with different alpha options?

E: Also, I found that the topmost layer, with the bodysuit, is the only one that seems to be breaking. I've detached the other bodies now, and it still breaks as seen in the image above.

A couple of things that can help with these combinations:

First, make sure that the PG toggle matches for all layers, or you will get alpha figihting issues.

Second, if the chest or torso adapter allows it, unlink and discard the PG caps if the combination you're wearing doesn't need them.

These bodies already do have applier systems, and they will never be compatible with the Omega system. Adding a UV map compatible with Omega would not help with this particular problem in any way, it's just another texture applier system and not magic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.