Keeping the same AO after updating it.

Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I think this is a newbie question but one ii haven't really figured out. …

If you rez a box on the floor (eg to unpack new clothes), when you've copied the stuff to the inventory, should I 'Take' or 'Delete' the box.

Thats the original question which has been on my mind for some time. It's more important now because i'm playing around with AO huds and animations, amending notecards etc. in order to do that I have to rez my existing hud on the ground then amend the animations in it and the notecard. I can't delete it after amending it so I take it and it becomes a new AO alongside my original one. Any links to the original remain but I have a link in every outfit. I'd usually rather they linked to the updated AO (in fact I'd rather it was actually updated rather than recreated).

I can see the upside to this that I can have a slightly different AO for each outfit but I can't update them all. Is there a way round this problem or is it to just add the AO after I've updated my outfit and not keep it as part of the outfit?

I hope this makes sense. A – is it safe to 'delete' the original boxed item after unpacking?

B – can I update an AO without re-creating it into a new one?

Thankyou.

Sarah.

If you use the Firestorm viewer, there is an AO built into the viewer.  All you need to do is add the animations you want to use  You can add to or remove whenever you like and the bonus is that you can create any outfit and the AO exists outside the outfit so no need to change anything at that point.

Here is a link to information regarding the Firestorm viewer.  They have free classes on a regular basis, including one on the AO. 

http://www.firestormviewer.org/

I have an alt create about a dozen cubes and make them all No Copy, then send them to my main.  Now, whenever I need to have ONE copy of something, I put one of those cubes in there.  This way I can keep track of the most up to date HUD, AO, collar, etc.  Easily reversible, too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.