Invisible! But not wearing any alphas. Why?

Ricky Shaftoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sometimes become wholly or partly invisible in SL while changing clothes, even if I'm not wearing any alphas.  I'm using the latest Phoenix client.  I have worn items with alphas in the past, most recently a SLink prim foot.  But these days, even if I wear no alphas at all, I'll sometimes turn partly or entirely invisible while changing.  (If I wear the prim foot, I don't wear its alpha.)  This happens even after clearing my caches.  When I go to Appearance mode, I see no alphas worn under the alpha tab -- just the "Create New Alpha?" button.  When I search inventory for "alpha", I find no alpha items "worn". Rebaking doesn't usually fix it.  A relog usually does fix it.

I've even experimented with RLV, to see whether it matters whether I change my clothes, or whether someone else does it for me.  Sometimes the change goes fine; sometimes I end up invisible.  I can't see any pattern to it.

Sometimes, as now, I can't reproduce the problem.  It only seems to happen when I'm not trying to reproduce it.  :)

The only oddity I see in my inventory is that I sometimes have two Phoenix "bridges" attached and can't un-attach them.  Could this be it?

Anyone have any suggestions on all this?

Occassionally I run into that; its usually after a Av that requires deformations, but not always. usually removing all items and wearing them again works for me. Or relogging always works. Just another one of Second Lifes persistant little bugs that shows up every once in a while I figure. Just something ya gotta deal with I guess. Now, dealing with griefers on the other hand.......

Thanks for all your replies.  Dres: Where is this Phoenix support group?  Is it a group I join within SL itself?  I don't see a forum for Phoenix here on the SL website.  Claireschen: Hmm, I haven't been clicking that tab on my Phoenix preferences.  Will clicking it help make me visible again?

Yes, it's an inworld group and they're very helpful with just about any issue you may have. If you pull up my profile inworld you'll see it in my groups and can join it from there. Here's the Phoenix forum site but it's not very active it seems... better to go to the inworld group. Here's the support page with the groups listed.

Hope this helps...Dres

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with the official linden viewer....as my invisible state is.....err visible... to others I suspect the problem is server side. Having thought i had solved it serveral times already I am sadly still getting random, though frequent, invisibility problems while removing or changing clothing. =/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.