INFO ABOUT PREMIUN

Onix1997

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You get 300 lindens weekly, I believe on Tuesdays. You can check by looking at the top right corner of your viewer. That's where you linden balance is. You can also check your account page on the website.

Onix1997 wrote:

rude

Eeeh. I understand Alwin's frustration.

You're posting in the People forum about something that clearly doesn't relate to Your Avatar, and posting subjects in all caps. Both of these are [somewhat understandable] strategies to get more attention than this question deserves. 

You're new here, and you feel your questions deserve prompt answers. Okay, I can get on-board with that - I bet Alwin can, too. But maybe there's a better way to do this that doesn't annoy the folks looking for interesting and fresh discussion about avatars.

You can use the Search function in the top-right to see if people have asked these questions before.

The Answers service is designed specifically to resolve simple, often-repeated queries about accounts, avatars, pretty much anything so long as it's not asking about specific products, or asking for recommendations. Questions asked there are more visible already, and they're typically seen more-quickly by folks specifically interested in helping new users.

Hopefully a new approach is all it needs. :)

Thank you. So sorry I wrote it unde YOUR AVATAR forum but still not familiar with a lot of stuff. And the answer service sounds amazing.

Alwin, you are rude, maybe you need to put on other people shoes.

Thanks to the ones that gave advices, is not easy being new on SL.

Xoxo

It's okay. You've found this place, and had good success here - that's a good thing. :)

The ultimate aim for most of the users on this forum is for people to feel welcome and get the information they need. The Answers service has its limitations as well, but it may be... as we say... the right tool for the right job. :D A good way to find exactly the resource you need, rather than hoping that someone replies to a forum thread in a constructive manner.

Of course it doesn't limit you from posting on the main forum, especially in areas where you'd like to chat or ask for other peoples' opinions, to find people or products, or just about anything else.

Try not to judge Alwin too harshly, I've seen him be a positive force here in the right environments. Patience is a limited resource even (especially? :P) for those who've been here a while.

Good luck. :)

Welcome to Second Life. 

I would like to add that besides the weekly stipend, Premium members get either free rent in a house in a Linden subdivision, or free rent on a 512 piece of land. You may also get periodic 'premium' gifts, and the chance to use some sandboxes and testing areas that are exclusive to premium members.

As far as 'dumb questions' goes, I've been asking stupid questions in these forums for years. Only recently have I remembered to check the Wiki/Wikias and forum archives first.

From the forums I've learned about secret places in Second Life that aren't on the Destination Guide, the best way to deal with griefers, where to find the Suggestion box....and so much more.

I pay my premium membership by the year, and I count it as 'entertainment' expense on my budget.

Pardon me if someone has already said this in a previous forum post.

Rufferta wrote:

Premium members get either free rent in a house in a Linden subdivision, or free rent on a 512 piece of land.

This is not completely right. It is no free rent you get, but a free tier level for 512 sqm owning of mainland.

This can be indeed a Linden Home, where a non prim impact home is on, so yo have the full 117 prims available, ór you can BUY 512 sqm of mainland. There your home will count against your prim use.

Rent is only used when you don't directly pay to LL but to another resident. In that case you have NO free 512 sqm.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Rent is only used when you don't directly pay to LL but to another resident. In that case you have NO free 512 sqm.

For the sake of avoiding any confusion for a new member, because I know land ownership is very confusing at first, you still have the tier free 512 allowance if you rent instead of purchase mainland. For example, I have a premium account but rent from a private island. I'm free to do whatever I want with that 512 allowance (personally, I flip it to recover some lindens I lose by choosing to rent instead). 

Land ownership can be confusing at first but very rewarding! Good luck on your journey. 

Thanks for the clarification. To me "tier"="rent" but it is probably better to differentiate between "rent" paid to a private landowner who is paying "tier" to the Lindens, and "tier" being the payment you make for having the use of Linden land, paid directly to the Lindens.

Hope I got it right this time.

Nalytha wrote

For the sake of avoiding any confusion for a new member, because I know land ownership is very confusing at first, you still have the tier free 512 allowance if you rent instead of purchase mainland. For example, I have a premium account but rent from a private island. I'm free to do whatever I want with that 512 allowance (personally, I flip it to recover some lindens I lose by choosing to rent instead). 

Land ownership can be confusing at first but very rewarding! Good luck on your journey. 

Who's making it confusing here?... instead of explaining how it is you bring up to rent out land...where you already pay tier for... yes you do that because it's including in your membership fee.

Rent is NO Tier.. And the Tier does not apply to land you rent.  That you rentat privat owned land, AND use your tier on the mainland has nothing to do with that, it simply can't be used to rent.

Onix1997 wrote:

Thank you. So sorry I wrote it unde YOUR AVATAR forum but still not familiar with a lot of stuff. And the answer service sounds amazing.

Alwin, you are rude, maybe you need to put on other people shoes.

Thanks to the ones that gave advices, is not easy being new on SL.

Xoxo

I apologize on behalf of these two. They do this to pretty much any new person that comes to SL, or anytime they're not happy with the question being made.

There are a few helpful people around SL, and you will learn the names quickly.

Good luck and welcome to SL, and don't hesitate to ask a question. ANY question, and there will be someone to answer it.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

why ask when all is explained at your accountpage? in my opinion it's really a bit too easy to just dump it on a forum.

and no.. it's not rude or blunt... just logical and straight forward answer.

If you don't want to answer a question, then don't post at all.

You are out of line. You and many others need to stop attacking new people to the forums and SL in general.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Onix1997 wrote:

rude

Eeeh. I understand Alwin's frustration.

You're posting in the
People forum
about something that clearly doesn't relate to Your Avatar, and posting subjects in
all caps
. Both of these are [somewhat understandable] strategies to get more attention than this question deserves. 

You're new here, and you feel your questions deserve prompt answers. Okay, I can get on-board with that - I bet Alwin can, too. But maybe there's a better way to do this that doesn't annoy the folks looking for interesting and fresh discussion about avatars.

You can use the
Search function
in the top-right to see if people have asked these questions before.

The
is designed specifically to resolve simple, often-repeated queries about accounts, avatars, pretty much anything so long as it's not asking about specific products, or asking for recommendations. Questions asked there are more visible already, and they're typically seen more-quickly by folks specifically interested in helping new users.

Hopefully a new approach is all it needs.
:)

You too, don't answer at all. That will be a good policy for YOU and others who seem to get bent out of shape over new people posting questions.

entity0x wrote:

You too, don't answer at all.

Firstly, no. I reject your strange demand outright.

Secondly, if you want to help and answer peoples' queries then go ahead. I fully encourage you to add your own helpful content. No answers to the OPs questions appear in your post, however, nor in most of the posts you seem to make of late.

I understand that you're struggling in some other area of the forum, but I don't know how that relates to any of the content in my post.

I don't know why you seem to think that drawing dividing lines and attacking users of this forum is a useful way to spend your time. It's possible to be both critical and helpful (as I did in my post, by suggesting ways the OP could get more accurate help in future, and less derisory comments made - advice that the OP took constructively), and it's reasonable to assume that other users here are adults who can handle simple instructions and see the benefits of attempting other approaches to see if they get more success.

If you struggle with this to the point where you feel the need to make off-topic attacks and demands about behaviour rather than adding useful content (or at the very least, something constructive), there's a small round metal container beneath my desk where you can file future commentary. Attempting to shut down speech is never something that leads to clearer understandings.

Cool your jets.

entity0x wrote:

You too, don't answer at all. That will be a good policy for YOU and others who seem to get bent out of shape over new people posting questions.

Freya was actually quite helpful, even the OP believes so, Perhaps the anger you seem to have for other posters and their responses is clouding your judgement here, You seem more bent out of shape here than anyone else, lol.

Gving users advice about going to the answers section is actually very good advice, since they're more likely to get the help they need there, much faster!

Thanks Tari! I appreciate the perspective. I agree this is probably a case of poor aim, carried out with anger from elsewhere. I sympathised with Alwin's message, but would have chosen different words - which is exactly what I did in my own posts. I cancelled my own premium membership a long while ago so didn't have much other advice to give (plus, to some extent, bumping threads helps too). Largely, I think this thread has resulted in some positive change for the OP given this calculated approach.

I'd be the first to admit I don't always get it right, and miscommunications of tone are commonplace in text mediums. Plus I'm British, so about 800% of what I say is satire, sarcasm or hyperbole. I am an adult, too, and one that strives to be helpful (demonstrated with some accuracy!) - when I see an unwanted negative reaction arise from something I post, I can take my own instruction to try to do better next time.

But that didn't happen here. There's only one party that I allow to tell me how I can best contribute here, and their surname is 'Lab'. I hope the metaphorical bees diffuse from within entity's bonnet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.