I want this look..

MissOlaOfficial

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I've been looking everywhere and trying make my girl look really natural. I know all about AO's to make my Av more realistic, but I want a certain look and I'm just not grasping it. I'm wanting my avatar to look like the picture below, I keep seeing avatars like this, but cant seem to figure out how. If anyone could post the links to where I might find an avatar like this, HAIR AND ALL (except boobs), or coould help step by step. I would greatly appreciate it.

it starts with skin and shape

other people will have recommendations but for something like that look then I would start with group gifts, MM and lucky board gifts from for example:

WoW Skins have starter skins on their MM and lucky boards inworld - no need to join group

Besom for hair. Is free group join. Group gift hair and MM and lucky boards

is lots of other hair and skin shops that can get you started as well. So look round and get demos once you decide you like a style and think about spend real money

+

for shape then pick a Library shape to get started and mod/tweak it yourself to make your own. Party Girl is a pretty good one to get started with I think for that image

the form when making own avatar is shape follows skin

get a skin and then make/mod a shape that looks best with that skin. Specially the face. When go the other way: shape then skin, it can be quite hard to match. So best to go the other way. Start with skin and mod shape

+

for the widest range of mesh clothes to fit your new shape then use the Standard Sizing guide to mod the body shape to a proportion in the guide

can get that info here:

You would make it more easy for yourself if you picked an image reference that isn't so old. The Marketplace ad says it is version 2014. The image itself can be from 2013, makes it really hard to remember what hairs and skins that was hot. 2 years ago. In Second Life it is like a decade in RL because new avatar components is released in such high numbers and so fast.

The merchant who own that image has a blog with stylecards, but I can not go back 2 years just to find the details. http://bdrbeautifuldirtyrich.blogspot.no Styling detail can also be in the store Flickr group pool, but it is just too many images.

If you found a look you like in the newer posts of the blog, you will see the stylecard is all ready for you: http://bdrbeautifuldirtyrich.blogspot.no/2015/07/updated-pictures-news.html But even in 2015,  you will see that some skins are not available. It can be that the creator left SL or discontinued older products. You will have to look through the images, and do not forget to demo, DEMO. That can't be stressed enough. An image of an avatar can look different when you see it on your screen. This is not that the creator is trying to decieve you, but graphic quality of their computer, light, poses and  the overall styling makes it look the best.

I will post the link to the blog that always comes up when we discuss how to make our bodies look good: http://meshbodyaddicts.com It has tutorials and reviews.

I suspect that many of the avatars you see has smoother bodies and that you try to edit your default body to look the same... that is just not possible. Joints and details are so old that we can say the default avatars are stone age avatars. New skins with much better detail can make the default bodies look good until they pose so that they break under the chest. Or some of the worst, when the avatar bends or goes in a sit pose where the rear area becomes flat with triangles sticking out instead of a smooth curve. Shoulders, knees, ankles, hands.... not natural.

The only thing you need is a current skin and an eye for proportions. Who ever designed the avatar in the picture has a...very specific taste, but not necessarily a realistic one. Please don't get one of those table-butts :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Okay :matte-motes-kiss: you saw my links in that post? Anything you liked there?

I use blogs as inspiration when I want to buy something. A hair that I see in one blogpost, a dress from another, and mix i all up. Personally, I think this blogger has much the same look. Maybe it is just me and you don't agree, but there are so many other blogs.This shape is for sale at the Marketplace too. This is not so common, since the shape is often personal for bloggers and models. They don't share it even if they blog all the other stuff.  http://alltherage4u.blogspot.no/2015/08/there-is-nothing-to-wear.html

Avatar parts are on their way :)

The skin has a few shapes bundled with it.  If it is not what you like, let me know and I can make a shape for you when I get time later this week. That skin also has appliers with it for most mesh bodies.  The hair is not like what is pictured at all. Analog Dog makes some of the best tight curl hair and this is a sample.

Wearing a mesh body will also mean system clothes will not work.  So I sent a shirt and a shorts along with the avatar.  For shoes I recommend KC Couture.  Join the update group for gifts and special prices on new releases. 

If you need any help, just ask.  IM me in world or ask here.  I love to help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.