I need help shopping!

sebthesecond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm new to SL and a little impatient when it comes to building my avatar.

I'm aiming to use SL to chat to people, make friends outside of RL, visit new places etc.  I'm not really into the design aspect of SL, at least not at the moment. 

And I like to buy a full avatar - hair, clothes, face, body etc.  I'm prepared to pay L$ for this to be easy.  Then I can forget about it and concentrate on getting to know people. 

I've visited a few of the shops, EDDESIGN, Male for Men, Tellaq - but I'm confused really as to what to buy, what's included and what I'll look like once it's done.

Can anyone help me with shopping?!

Prepare to be deluged with offers.

Are you in world? Send me an IM, I can help you get set up for little to no money, and by that I meant, spent, not given to me. I won't take a dime for the help.

Forum women love makeovers, so you may get not just one new look, but several. My advice: take them all up on it.  Other not so subtle advice: A thank you goes a long way too.

Hello. Tell us some more details about what you like and more or less what you are able to spend. Most full avatars in their description at Marketplace report what exactly they include. For me is no necessary to purchase a complete outfit which includes everything. You can make combinations. There are so many free and almost free products. You can sort your results when you search at Marketplace by Price low to high. For me a look at Marketplace at first is necessary to see which brand or brands you prefer, which style etc and after you can visit the stores in world. Also if you decide to purchase something costly, try a demo first if it is available. Often there are no refunds.

Have fun with shopping. Shopping is at first fun!

Melita Magic wrote:

Dropped him off at a club after some shopping. He looks sharp. 

He's very easygoing person. You should enjoy taking him round the shops if more shopping is required, folks.

Welcome to SL seb
:)

Oh sure. Get the poor guy all spruced up and then ditch him. Probably broke his heart! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Dropped him off at a club after some shopping. He looks sharp. 

He's very easygoing person. You should enjoy taking him round the shops if more shopping is required, folks.

Welcome to SL seb
:)

Oh sure. Get the poor guy all spruced up and then ditch him. Probably broke his heart! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

LOL *hehee*  ;)

He had quite a bevy to choose from though and it's been real quiet since then. LOL

sebthesecond wrote:

Thanks to the fabulous Melita I entered today looking like a middle aged dweeb and ended it with a fabulous body, funky hair, a marvellous swagger and great clothes :-)

Thanks! Perfect! 

Ain't slife grand? I'd have to say from the way you asked and answered  here and from Melita's comments that you will enjoy yourself because others are going to enjoy communicating with you. Welcome to SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.