I have paypal, but no bank account/card

GlossyKemono

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

GlossyKemono wrote:

I never got a bank account. It has nothing to do with my country. I'm in the USA

Well, I thought it would have to do something with your country, because where I live you can't live a normal life without one. I'm just curious. Does this mean you just have all your money in cash? Like a giant piggy bank?  :catsurprised:

you can earn you money inworld, it will only be a lot slower and time consuming before you have a decent amount.

Next to that, if you even ever want, you can't get a premium account or own a privat sim without payment possibilities.

But you can rent on privat estates owned by other residents. Be aware rent has to be paid upfront.

I think your best bet would be a "pre-paid visa card". They are inexpensive and a better way of using money safely and anonymously. They can be picked up from most places like Walmart, Walgreens, your even your local post office. You can also get them in Visa, Mastercard and many others. But I am not really sure on their policy here on using prepaid visa cards. I use them myself from time to time but all you do is buy one. Load up money on it. And then add it to your account and hey presto, you got a payment method. And then when you want lindens just load your card up with cash. Or you can do what these guys said and earn money. It's alot hard and takes longer but it's a way you can get L's without spending money.

Not all.. I have gotten prepaids in the past and they have been actual visa's I am not sure about the difference in sales and such as I am in a different oountry and it may vary. Although I use my own credit card I still have used VISA prepaids and they work on most major sites. I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted on this site. :/

don't ask if you don't like the answer, or don't see why, i only tell whats the normal experience here after hundreds of questions about debit and credit cards.

the Linden Lab statement on the matter ....

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

but nobody forces you to believe it... good luck.

Besides the statement from Linden Lab that many pre-paid cards are not compatible with their system, I have seen enough reports of people posting problems encountered, that I would not spend money to buy a pre-paid card specifically for using here in SL.

It seems like a credit card or a bank account is mainly needed to get the Paypal account verified, and that after it's verified, payments would be taken first from the Paypal money balance (which is what the OP has), so maybe the OP just needs to figure out a way to get a checking account in order to get the paypal account verified.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.