I AM TOTALLY LOST

ItsDeesse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. How do I find thicker mesh shapes ? (taking recommendations)

2. How can I try on the demo verison ?

3. Is there any other SL viewers I can use because I keep crashing ? -_-

4. I bought land but for some reason I dnt have a home ?

I know im all over the place lol, but this is truely a difficultity for me, I would love for someone to guide me or post clear instructions .

1. For a thicker/curvier mesh body, try Lena Lush or the Ulukie bodies. Both of them are built curvier from the start. Some of the other bodies will upsize reasonably well to a point, so it depends what you mean by "thicker." 

For a thicker/curvier shape in general, you have a couple of different options. You can buy one - Marketplace is a good starting place, so try searching there for terms like BBW - or you can make/edit one by right-clicking your avatar and choosing Edit > Edit Shape. If you'd prefer to purchase something ready-made, I've had good luck with Chunky Monkey. I strongly recommend a modifiable shape, so you can edit anything that doesn't quite work for you. Editing the shape under the mesh body will, in most cases, affect the mody itself, so a thicker shape = a thicker body. Make sure you try demos!

2. You purchase the demo (usually by looking for a small DEMO button on the larger ad), purchase it (usually for $0L), go to a sandbox or low-lag area, find the body in your inventory (I find it easier to look in my Recent Items tab), unbox if necessary, and add the items from the folder that you need. This is usually one of the alpha layers included - there are often several - the body itself, and the body HUD. It may also include hands and feet. On the marketplace, demos will usually be labelled as such. Make sure you buy that, and not the full version, first!

3. There are a bunch. I use Firestorm. It's hard to say what will work for you because I have no idea what's causing you to crash. For that, it would be helpful to have your computer specs and your current SL settings. How strong is your internet connection? Is it wireless? SL and wireless often do not place well together. For now, try lowering your Draw Distance and potentially your graphics in general in your preferences. If you have wireless internet, use a corded connection instead, if possible. 

4. Did you buy a home and put it on your land? They don't usually come together unless you get a Linden home (free with a Premium account; OR you can own up to 512sqm of land free with a Premium account. Not both). Find a house you like, buy it, and rez it on your land. OR, if you mean you try to "teleport home" and it doesn't work, did you set the land as your home? Stand on your land, click World at the top of your screen, and choose Set as Home or Set Home to Here or whatever the button is for you. 

Hopefully that helps a bit. There's a steep learning curve, and things get confusing fast, but you'll get the hang of it! 

By all means try on mesh shapes, but if you keep crashing, the mesh body can give you problems. It is complicated to render, it is scripted and it will stress your computer. Your #1 priority is to get SL running solid with no crashing.

You "buy" a demo for 0 linden in the stores listed in the blog under. You need a shape under to make the mesh body appear correct. If you mean voluptuous shapes with wide hips, narrow waist and big breasts, I can recommend this store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/127697 Buy the 1 L demo first and use it together with the body demo.

What do you mean by buying land? Most private land in SL is not sold but rented out. You "buy" land from a box on ground, but you don't own it, you own the right to use the land as long as you pay rent.

If you are premium, the best might be to get a Linden home?

For all your mesh body questions, read as much as you can here: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/ and start with the first tutorial: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/848-2/

They aren't as fiddly as the were when they came out. Your best bet for curvier are uLukie with 4 thicknesses to choose from, Fusion with several and the Freya body that comes with the Belleza mesh. All of those are Omega compatible as well. Lena is lovely but the alphas leave a bit to be desired IMHO.

That being said, with the exception of the Freya, you'll have something of a problem if you're planning to wear mesh clothing since the hips in particular are not made to work well with the current fitmesh. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.