How to remove "Professional Man Hair" ?

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While trying different hair styles on my emry avi I made the mistake of wearing the wearing the "Professional Man Hair" from Inventory at:

Library =>  Clothing => Older Outfits => Professional Male => Professional Man Hair

The item automatically copied to the folder:

My Inventory => Body Parts

and the highlighting plus the (worn) indicator shows that it is this copy that I am wearing. Now I cannot detach it, unwear it, or even delete it. When I right click on this item in the Inventory none of this options appear in the meny that pops up. How can this be removed from my avi?

agentronin wrote:

This hair is not visible. Inventory shows it is hair that is worn, but does not say where. It remains worn when other hair is worn on the skull.

Although it is not visible I want it gone because I do not need it, and it was not there before.

I checked in my Library. It is 'system hair', which is now often referred to as a 'bald cap' or 'eyebrow shaper'. All avatars wear one and only one at all times*. Once they were used to deform your avatar's head into a lumpy, unrealistic hairstyle. They still function as a way to tweak the position and expression of your eyebrows. It's not worn on the skull, or any other attachment point - it's just worn.

What people normally refer to as hair is a prim, mesh or sculpted attachment worn on the skull. This is not the same thing as system hair. Wearing a hair attachment will not replace system hair. Here's another avatar from the library to show the difference:

The 'Musician Male' has attachment hair (shown by an orange cube) and system hair (shown by a vaguely head-shaped icon). The 'Professional Man' only has system hair.

As Alwin said, you can't remove it, only replace it. Before you wore the 'Professional Man Hair' you would have been wearing a different piece of system hair, even if you didn't realise it. Somewhere in your inventory you will have the system hair you were wearing before. If it matters to you that much, you'll have to work out which it was and wear it.

* Your avatar must also have exactly one skin (the half light, half dark head and torso icon), one shape (the icon that looks like two figures side-by-side) and one set of eyes (icon looks like an eye). If any of these are missing your avatar will usually show up as a cloud. I've had a glitch where inventory has shown me to be wearing two shapes at the same time, but it should only be one of each.

agentronin wrote:

This hair is not visible. Inventory shows it is hair that is worn, but does not say where. It remains worn when other hair is worn on the skull.

Although it is not visible I want it gone because I do not need it, and it was not there before.

yes it is there all the time... as i said before, it's system hair( i checked.... it IS) you can not remove it, only replace by one htat doesn't show

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.