How to purchase Maitreya Lara mesh body

AnyTimeErin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to this and have read a lot about various mesh bodies and wanted to try the Maitreya Lara. The problem is that I can't find it in the second life store. There are tons of accessories for it everywhere but I can't find the body itself.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

• Like 1

Demo, demo, demo...check out the Maitreya, check out the Belleza if you are wanting included hands and feet. You may find you like the shape of another body better than the Maitreya. Some swear by the Maitreya, some like one of the bods in the Belleza pack, others like the Slink. Personal preference. Try them all before you buy since it is a major investment of time and money.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Darla Hadisson said:

My question is, do the feet have toes?  I certainly hope they don't have bunions.

This sounds like an interesting mesh body.  I am also wondering if I can actually make the mesh body half invisible?

Yes there are toes. You can alpha out your body. 

1 hour ago, Darla Hadisson said:

I am also wondering if I can actually make the mesh body half invisible?

Which half?

If you mean make it 50% transparent, then no.*  If you mean you want the make everything below the belt no longer there, then yes.

*Not with standard, out of the box, controls at least.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

41 minutes ago, zoelamb said:

Are they generally not available on the Marketplace website? Why would they not sell everything there too?

This has had me very confused!

Presumably because Linden take commission on Marketplace sales but not on inworld sales.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zoelamb said:

Why would they not sell everything there too?

Because they don't have to. I can't imagine there are many serious SL merchants who want to list their products on MP. The clumsy and amateurish merchant interface is a nightmare and the lack of proper stats makes it hard to maintain anything resembling decent accounting. And as if that wasn't bad enough, LL actually charges us for it. For most it's a necessary evil though since LL is very aggressively driving customers away from inworld stores and over to MP.

The Maitreya body is an exception because it was such an instant hit. When I bought my Maitreya body, only a few hours after it was released, the store was already overcrowded and it was still going on when I returned a few days later to buy it for another alt. It was absolutely crazy. Onyx LeShelle must have sold hundreds of Maitreya bodies before she even had time to sit down and sort out the MP mess and by then there was no point in doing it.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just look for the group of people just standing around in a small space, on the mini-map, and aim for that direction. I had the SAME issue when I went to the store...couldn't see where the body was being sold (because the advertising didn't rez well for me...took about 5-10 minutes then a relog for it to reappear). Then once it did...there was lots of camming around the dozen or so people standing on top of the spot in the store, to read about the details (lol). 

9 hours ago, Naomeny said:

Does anybody know if Maitreya makes discounts on their products at Christmas or something? 

Doubt they would i think it's only retired products that get discounted, normal price on the occasions i've been to the store the body was L$2750 and there was always people crowded round the display 

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 7:52 AM, Naomeny said:

Does anybody know if Maitreya makes discounts on their products at Christmas or something? 

If you join the VIP group (free still I think) you get discounts on purchases -- or you did anyway. So you can check that.

Last December they gave away a lot of clothes and shoes, older things that they had rerigged for Lara. They were very nice.

In GENERAL though, they HAVE the market. They have no need to do much of anything but make improvements to Lara every now and then. 

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Last December they gave away a lot of clothes and shoes, older things that they had rerigged for Lara. They were very nice.

There have been more recent group gifts inworld which i don't recall being advertised always worth having a visit every so often to see if there's any new freebies put out

• 11 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, JetRaptor Breed said:

I can not find the body mesh anywhere in the store i've looked everywhere

Make sure you're actually at the Maitreya store on Maitreya Isle region. A lot of other stores will return a result when searching for Maitreya, because they rig for the Maitreya body and therefore use it in their keywords.

Using this SLurl (posted upthread, back in 2015) you will land right in front of the store. The body is visible through the doorway to your left:

maitreya_location.thumb.jpg.15f38d13a7e17d8acde23441dfb3a3e8.jpg

If you don't see that when you land (and if the store looks suspiciously void of anything much at all, such as ad boards and vendors) then you may be experiencing rezzing issues. Teleporting out of the region and then back in again will usually force items to rez.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Aaaron Waco said:

Dude yo just need L$ to purchase it. How to purchase? You guys just make up craps on his topics.

That wasn't the question, though.  The question was "How do you find this product in the store?" -- and that's not a dumb question because it's not obvious at all. Even though the Lara body is such a big deal, it's kind of tucked away in a corner, and locating it is not obvious at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.