How to apply skin texture to a prim I created?

Robin23 Dagostino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I created a PRIM that is attached to my avatar and I want (need) to apply a skin texture to it. Haven't been able to. When I try to use the color picker to apply the color instead of the texture, the color picker doesn't pick up the color either. 

So is the skin a texture with the color of the skin or is it just a color?

A skin is a texture and has no underlying color you could possibly pickup with the color picker. If you want to put the same color as the skin on the prim, there's a setting in the developer menu: show info - color under cursor ( I guess - I'm not inworld as of now). But that would apply the same color to the whole prim whereas a natural looking skin would have a bit of structure and shading.

Maybe you could do what you want to with one of the free skin templates:

http://www.vintfalken.com/free-full-perm-female-skin-textures/

I hope that helps a bit - good luck with your project :-)

Funny, I just tested two random human avatars from the library and both included a skin. It's not a texture per se though - it is a special item like clothings, just intended for the skin layer of the avatar. You cannot view it as a texture and download it. If you edit a skin you'll see it is composed of three textures which are displayed en miniature above the sliders.

• 4 years later...
6 minutes ago, LaDiVaDeVine said:

I created a mesh baby. i have all the scripts to make it an animated object, however my only problem is the skin.  How do i put skin on the baby and where do i find skin texture for a prim mesh baby?

you add it the same as a texture to any other object. Unles you have the scripts to apply it to your product.

If your object handles textures different , ..and it most likely will be,  you will have to create your own skin for your product, including mapping and all whats needed for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.