How old does my profile have to be to be considere as a non newbie?

paulinetaylor2015

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not how old your account is, it's how you look and act. 

I had a client once that opened and account in the very early in SL's existence but didn't stay around due to RL.  They came back but couldn't walk and their avatar still looked circa 2004.  I showed them around SL, but had to do it with a 'follow me' chair that the client sat in!  They were older than me at the time but still were a newb.

On the other hand I've known people who were not alts but were fast learners get out of the newb stage in as little as a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Depends who you ask...

First Wavers, those old Lastnamers who joined when SL was still new, who remember when you had to hand knap your own prims from chunks of digital flint while sitting around the campfire in the hill fort listening to Chief Phil give the weekly pep talk... They assume anyone under 10 yrs in SL is a noob...

Second Wavers, who joined up when SL became fashionable, say 2006 to 2009, having been picked on by the First-Wavers, call those below them noobs. Many Second-Wavers assume their IQ is equal to their SL age measured in weeks, and thus consider anyone under 2 yrs old to be not only a noob but intellectually subnormal as well.

Third Wavers, being the lowest of the Lastnamers, hate and revile Residents, in accordance with the principle of always kicking downwards...

Residents, well they tend to determine noobness by your avatar, your actions, and /or your profile.

Be aware that there are such things as 'Perma-Noobs', you sometimes see these fossils staggering about, looking like they are a day old despite their 10 - 13 yrs in SL

As for stuff like "leaving your lookat targets on" etc, ignore that crud, not all viewers ALLOW people to turn those off without tinkering with debug settings.

Klytyna wrote:

As for stuff like "leaving your lookat targets on" etc, ignore that crud, not all viewers ALLOW people to turn those off without tinkering with debug settings.

Show Look At is where your arm does that weird stiff armed pointing.  I turn that off.  The crosshairs I don't care about so.I leave them on.  That way people who spend their time waiting to be offended by such things can feel validated.

However, I consider myself an eternal newbie, always wanting (and needing) to learn more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.