Hiding your name above your head

TeylaQuinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was wondering, i just love to roleplay as someones food... and so they carry me around inside them for a while... but it wrecks the mood for me, if i see my name and theirs and to know everyone in the room knows im inside them, is there any huds or... ways to hide my name above my head from other people and myself? i know theres sims with RLV that does it..

we can also be seen on the map, minimap, in Nearby dialog and by a script

the basic rule of SL is: if you can see me then I can see you. This is a anti-stalking measure

not that you are a stalker and I get why you would want this bc of immersion in a roleplay

+

it would be possible for LL to implement a complete Hide system for a dedicated type of Roleplay sim I think. A case would need to be made tho, and if there were enough people to tier this type of sim then LL might look at doing it

While not being able to hide your name may be inconvenient in role play, it's a good thing in the long run.  If people could do that then you a griefer or other TOS violator would always do it and that would make it hard to file an abuse report against them. They could TP out before you could mouse over them to find out their name.  I'm pretty sure that's why you don't have the ability to hide your name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.