Help please-

damptog1307

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought this

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/60-Incident-Command-System-VESTS-DISPENSER/1286646

60 command vests for the fire department i work at.

They are supposed to work as a sort of texture you take over your jacket.

BUT when ever I click add or wear to the desired west, nothing happens, it shows that im wearing it but nothing shows on my avatar.

The same goes for a texture of a burn wound that I bought. When ever I add it it simply dosent appear..

Can anyone help me here?

I am using the default viewer as the fire one dosent work for me. And I am using the default Brandon avatar

You're probably using what's known in SL as a 'mesh' avatar (Brandon), and attempting to wear what's known in SL as 'system' clothes (Fire vest, burns).

These two technologies (bolded) are not compatible. Additive mesh (attachments above your default system avatar) sits on top and your system avatar is usually hidden using an alpha layer, making any changes made to it impossible to see.

It would take a long time - explaining three years of SL history - to explain this in detail (and I can't find a concise link), but the short answer is that if you use what's known in SL as a mesh avatar, then you should always wear what SLers recognise as mesh clothes.

TL;DR-

Mesh avatar = mesh clothes

System avatar = system clothes

Freya Mokusei wrote:

It would take a long time - explaining three years of SL history - to explain this in detail (and I can't find a concise link)

If anything would require concise documentation, it would be this very issue.  Honestly, the person who came up with the brilliant idea to unleash those ghastly mesh bodies upon new SL users should be involuntarily committed to the nearest mental health facility for observation, treatment and a possible probable, chemical lobotomy.

Do yourself a big favor, damptog, and switch to one of the new system based avatars.  They're much nicer looking and user friendly than any of those horrific, mesh bodied avatars supplied to you by the lunatics at Linden Lab.

...Dres

From this page (link):

1. Select Me > Choose an avatar from the top menu bar in the Second Life window.
  2. In the Choose an Avatar window that opens, click a category tab to see a preview of avatars in that category.  At the time of this writing, the available categories are PeopleVampires, and Classic.
  3. Click the image of your desired avatar to immediately wear that avatar.

Choose one of the Classic avatars and you'll be set.

...Dres

You may be wearing mesh clothing which covers your system skin just as the mesh body would.  Therefore, you'll have to detach any attachments that you're wearing, with the exception of your hair and animation overrider.  Also you'll need to take off any alpha layers that you're wearing... the names of these items will include the word "Alpha" in your inventory.  Once you do that, you'll be able to see any system clothing which you wear, such as the vests that you bought.

...Dres

and what did the seller /creator tell you?

When i see the avatars what's used on the pics in that store the items are very old.

and you keep talking about textures ...so what is it... textures or clothing? You can wear clothing, but no textures

or is it a object you wear and you have to add the textures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.