Help - different parts of an outfit are showing different shades

Gennie9999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have a Slink Physique body with a Catwa head.  Starting last week, I am starting to see different parts of my outfits showing different shades of colors.  For example, my formal gown's top and pants are showing darker shade than the other panels. These outfits did not have this issue before.  

I have tried the following: recreated my avi again; played with the lighting and graphics settings in the preferences; and talked to the designer of my outfits.  Nothing has resolved the issue so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gennie

Yeah, without a screenshot it's difficult to know exactly what the problem is and suggest the right solution.

However, that said, it sounds an awful lot like a blended alpha textures issue. Blended alpha textures don't play well with local light sources, often looking weirdly shaded, brighter or darker than they should be for the scene. This can be fixed by editing the object and switching to masked alpha (which will turn the texture solid, you then adjust the Mask Cutoff slider to get the transparency back).

Remember, make a copy of any item before modifying it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.