Hair and hats

Cinnamon Mistwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know almost everyone here is a hair collector.  Does anyone have any suggestions for hair that can be worn with a hat or hood?  I have the worst time trying to keep my hair from poking out of anything I put on my head.  Bonus points if that hair doesn't have a high rendering cost and more bonus points if you can suggest a longer hair style.  Thanks!

Cinn

Celestial Studios no longer exists. I used to get some of my favorite hair there, and last August I looked for some, and they were no longer on the grid at all. A quote from Starley's blog: 

===

After nearly seven years, Celestial Studios will be closing forever on May 25, 2011.
All items are marked down until that day.
All single items are priced at 25L, all fatpacks are 100L. (Skins, clothing, shoes, accessories, whatever.) Grab anything you might want before it's gone forever.
Thanks to everyone for your patronage over the years. I may (or may not) be back for small projects in the future in some capacity, but I will not revive the Celestial brand. 
<3 Starley

===

So sad...

Best bet with hats is to get hair you can mod, and simply mod away what doesn't work with the hat. Save a copy that is the hair combined with the hat, or else save them as two pieces and attach both.

Thanks to all of you.  I have seen the hair/hat combos in a few stores.  Of course, they look great and I even have one or two.  I was hoping for more flexibility in choosing hats - there are so many great looking ones to choose from.

/me stretches, cracks knuckles and takes a deep breath

I will attempt the editing of individual hairs.  If it looks okay, maybe it will end up in the vanity thread...

Kisses,

Cinn

Following on from what Storm said, I often wear a hairbase tattoo with a hair accessory like a ponytail or low bun with hats. I also have a couple of tightly pulled back styles that work with hats too. Next time I'm in world I'll check where they came from and let you know.

I promised to hand out points...

@ Chelsea - 50 pts. - it was a great suggestion and the hat looks awesome - it is too bad they are no longer around

@ Sylvia - 50pts - PITA is right - this could take some time and several copies to get right

@ Dillon - 60 pts - the bob is a good suggestion and it looks nice with the hat you have on.  I may give this a try with a few demos

@ Ceera - I was tempted to take away points because of the sad news, but I won't shoot the messenger - 40 pts - for reminding me to make copies before I mess with the editing.

@ Griffin - 50 pts - I may not buy very many hats if I have to adjust a hairstyle for each one, but some hats are just too good to pass up.  I can forgive a few fly-away hairs when I move.

@ Ellyn - 50 pts - You reminded me of a nice smooth maitreya (sp) hair I already have. I am going to give it a try.  The low ponytail seems to be harder to find than I thought.

@ Love - 60 pts - I am going to try a demo of that hair to see if the bun is low enough - looks great on you!

@ Sylvia(again) - 1,000,000 pts - What?  I'm a girl...  Sympathy with my hair plight goes a long way.

@ Storm - 100 pts - for reminding me of just how sexy bald can be (I hate to say it, but that IS the perfect solution to my hair sticking through my hats)

@ Kelli - 60 pts - I had thought of the hairbase and even found some bangs (hair not included - LOL) on the marketplace.  I am going to try in-world for more options.  I did not see where you could get just a ponytail or bun attachment without the entire hair.  Is that possible?

@ Venus - 60 pts - I will have to try that one.  It seems way easier than trying to move a bunch of individual hairs.  The only draw back would be hoping my hat makes the tp with me.  Yesterday every time I tp'd I was missing my left boot when I arrived.

@ Val - 50 pts - I will put it on my fieldtrip list.  I am always up for something creative and mad!!!  Would you send a landmark my way?

*All points can be redeemed in-world for a dance at your favorite venue or a kind word when you are feeling down.  The choice is yours.

RE: low pony tails...again doing this from memory so I don't have the style names but...

I know I have one from Maitreya (yeah yeah SP) and I got a darling one from Collabor8, for $L88 from Truth. I don't know if that style is still available at Collabora8 or at Truth but it is really cute.

(Edited to add: Truth style is Gabriel. Maitreya style is Evi II.)(It was bugging me so I went inworld!)

The sinking  the hair into the head has potential too, Thanks Venus.

I also bought a darling outfit with an autumn tophat from Pulse and need to tweak some hair for it.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

@ Storm -
(I hate to say it, but that IS the perfect solution to my hair sticking through my hats)

*All points can be redeemed in-world for a dance at your favorite venue or a kind word when you are feeling down.  The choice is yours.

Thank you for the kind words.  I have been trying to instill a sense of fashion in the LWL for some time now.  I am most pleased you recognized my *eye*.  

PS Did I just eat up all my redeemable points? 

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

@ Sylvia(again) - 1,000,000 pts - What?  I'm a girl...  Sympathy with my hair plight goes a long way.

Careful...I have about that many ballgowns that I've never worn, and I do love to dance... :smileyvery-happy:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

@ Kelli - 60 pts - I had thought of the hairbase and even found some bangs (hair not included - LOL) on the marketplace.  I am going to try in-world for more options.  I did not see where you could get just a ponytail or bun attachment without the entire hair.  Is that possible?

I have some pieces that I bought separately from Calico. I've no idea if they still sell hair 'piecemeal' like this. I found the bun I wear in my Library. The style itself is by Truth, and sleek enough to wear under most hats if you shrink it down and use a hairbase to tidy the edges. I've also hacked a few hairstyles for the bun/ponytail/bunches.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I promised to hand out points...

@ Venus - 60 pts - I will have to try that one.  It seems way easier than trying to move a bunch of individual hairs.  The only draw back would be hoping my hat makes the tp with me.  Yesterday every time I tp'd I was missing my left boot when I arrived.

Why thank you.  You can try to reduce the chance of losing something during the TP process if you minimize the attachments you wear (Huds, chim, etc).  I know that if I try to TP with my chim on, I may run into problems.

Cinn this has long been a pain for me I love to make my own hats, What I do is buy copy, mod hair I like. Copy the hair mod it for a particular hat and link it to the hat and that is what I use. This way I get the hair I want  and the hat I want all the time. The only other method is to make my own hair for hats.

Hiipiestock Hat.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.