HUD broken....kinda?

Rhikki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have this belt that I wear.  A lot.  It comes in different sizes and there's a hud to change the color of them.  For some reason, and this is the second time this has happened, the HUD stops working on the "Small" size belt (the one I wear) but still works on all the others.  I can't edit the belt to wear the larger one and scale it down, so that's not an option.  Anyone know how I can fix this?  DuckNippe has already replaced this once....I can't ask them again.  

Sure you can ask Ducknipple to replace it again and also mention this is the second time this has happened.  You will be doing them a favor.  They need to figure out why and fix it.  If it's happening to you it probably is to other customers too.

If you don't want to do that, go to their main store and see if they have a redelivery terminal.  Note that most of these terminals will only redeliver an item that had copy permissions.

Of course you could try rezzing the HUD and the belt on the ground and see if it will let you reset the scripts first.  If you can, this usually fixes most issues with HUDs.  Go to BUILD>SCRIPTS>RESET SCRIPTS.

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand you right, you've changed the color often on the small size belt but only tried a few times with the others? Try this:

• Rez or wear the belt
  • Right-click on it and select "Edit"
  • Click on the "Content" tab in the edit window
  • Open the script you find there
  • Click on the "Reset" button

That should help for a while but you'll have to do it all over again every now and then.

The best permanent solution is to make several copies of the belt, one unmodified backup and one for each color you use. Then remove the script completely from the copies you use and never bother with that HUD again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.